Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wat to target local customers

Hi,

I'm new here, just set up a RSP free hosting account. While I am happy with what we have, I want to target local customers, figuring they are my best prospect to start with especially as can offer them alot in way of services at great prices.

To do this I really want to be able to have a site showing prices in NZ Dollars and mentioning gst inclusive etc. Also to bill directly giving option to pay in our dollars. From looking at the RSP site, reading posts here I believe an API account is the way to go? My programming skills are next to none so may need help in this area.

Any thoughts?
    Bazza

The best way to achieve what you want is to design your own site and bill your customers directly. You, of course, would be responsible to collect payment from your customers. No API would be necessary to do this.

There are several benefits to billing directly. First of all it gives you better control. Secondly, there is no maximum that you can charge for your service. This is especially helpful if you package your hosting with other services such as web design.

You can accept cash or check from your local customers. You should also be able to set up a PayPal account with a shopping cart for online payments. The options are there.

I have never lost money by billing directly. If they don't pay I find ways to monetize their account such as reselling the account to others, using the account and subdividing it among other customers or if it has a decent domain name I add adsense to get a return on my investment.

Comment

hi,
      Thanks for your thoughts, it is along the lines of what I was thinking of. I'll look into it more this afternoon. Have a few people I work with i want to speak to but want to be fully organised first.
      As you say I can accept cash, direct deposits and paypal now accepts tranactions in NZD. If the year is paid upfront there shouldn't be any problems.
      So far I have been impressed with RSP, one ticket was answered in 8 minutes! that was early afternoon our time so about 1-2am UK time. Very good response.

Comment

Well, I would advise you to create Paypal button, it is very easy and put the code where you want the price should appear, Payapl lets you set currency location wise also.

Comment

The best way to get local customers to come to your website is to do local advertising. You can do that with specific keyword strengthening that targets your target audience.

Comment

Working...
          X