No announcement yet.

knocking a new website up.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally jazzwoodbind, I would be careful with php nuke... from what I've seen of it's source andas far as what several php devs I've worked with have said, it's pretty insecure. I know in the past at least, it has suffered from several SQL injection security holes. And there is always a security risk due to the fact that soo many people use it.
    Not saying that it's a bad portal... I just would be careful with it.

I have messed around with the phpnuke code some and know how it works, but for putting the live chat in you would need some code from RSP... ether that or try to 'hack' it, so to speak.

although, atm, I am quite busy with other things... sorry. I am currently working on a very large project that I'm wanting to get out here in a few months.

Comment

Thanks for tip joey i will look into that and see whats said.

Regards Jazz

Comment

Hi all i was just wanting to know how i get stat counter to work on my site it gives about three different codes.I tried the most common one and it didnt like it
        at all.And was i adding it in the correct place index.php?

Regards Jazz

Comment

Really you should add it to all your pages. Just putting it on the index page isn't going to tell you much about what your visitors do on your site, and your visit times will be way too short.

As for it not working, there shouldn't be 3 different codes or anything like that. To generate the code, simply click on the configure (wrench) icon, click Install Code, and follow the steps. SC does a very nice job of explaining what each option does, so just read carefully and make sure you select "No, I want the default install guide" when it asks you about web page editors. Then just copy the code and paste it anywhere between the 2 <body> tags.

Hope that helps. If not, just post some more info here and I'll try to help. I know cardine uses SC too, so maybe he knows what's going wrong.

Comment

Thanks fitz i managed it everything is working fine now seem to be getting the odd visit from chile i wonder who that could be?

Regards Jazz

Comment

Working...
            X