mySQL 4.1.16 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mySQL 4.1.16 upgrade?

I am trying to use some functionality that requires a mySql upgrade. Are there plans for this upgrade to occur. The current version is 4.1.11.

nickvillaume, decisions regarding software upgrades are taken by our management and system administrators. I advise you to open a support ticket about this through the "request help" link in the Help Center of the web hosting account in question. The ticket will be forwarded to our system administrators and you will be provided with information regarding upgrade plans if such are already available.

Comment

I know this post is a year old but still valid. MySQl is still 4.1.11. Many services require at least 4.1.11 as a min. This includes the current version of Moodle. I summited a ticket a while back and was given the reply that 4.1.11 is the current stable. 4.1.11 is not the current stable.

Comment

proficiovera, as I have mentioned in my previous post in the thread, only company management and system administrators can take the decision for upgrading a specific service on the servers and such decisions are not taken lightly. For instance, we have just updated the PHP that is used on our servers and this has caused certain issue with the functioning of some client sites, mainly because of the stricter code requirements that the new PHP versions have to operate correctly.

Comment

Similar here, Suggest solution for newer MySQL

As has been said there should be a newer version of MySQL. I also tried latest Moodle when I realised that PHP5 changed to 5.2.1, but MySQL is still not compatible.

Also most php based packages (apps) are changing to newer versions so soon we won't be able to upgrade.

I know that support team do a great work and there has been changes in the pasts months, I am sure that they will take a responsible decision soon.

Thanks
          F Diaz

Comment

fdiaz, as I have already said, any service upgrades are implemented only after company management and system administrator have approved them. Support staff has no decision-making authority in these cases; they can only make suggestions. Furthermore, as I have already pointed out these decisions are not taken lightly as such upgrades typically lead to numerous issues with the scripts that are already installed and used by the web hosting clients and the possibility of such issues has to be taken into careful consideration and weighed up when the decisions regarding any upgrades are taken.

Comment

I've been looking at using Magento on my hosting account, but have found that the hosting doesn't meet the minimum requirements, namely the MySQL version it needs is 4.1.2, and we are still on 4.1.11. After a little digging, as far as i can find, MySQL's latest version is version 5.

Surely the powers that be would have seen the need to upgrade the MySQL version in line with the PHP upgrades that they have been doing.

As a possible solution to the issues caused by upgrading - can't there be a MySQL version selection tool like we already have with the PHP side of things? This will allow each customer to set up each account accordingly to what they need, and it will stop us falling further behind than we already are in this department.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? We are running MySQL 5... 5.0.32 last time I checked.

create a file phpinfo.php and check it

<?php
                phpinfo();
                ?>

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
                  We are running MySQL 5... 5.0.32 last time I checked.
                  Only on newer servers, on older servers version 4.x is used still.

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  Surely the powers that be would have seen the need to upgrade the MySQL version in line with the PHP upgrades that they have been doing.
                  You can open a support ticket and request your account to be moved to a newer server, if you need a higher MySQL version to run a specific script.

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  As a possible solution to the issues caused by upgrading - can't there be a MySQL version selection tool like we already have with the PHP side of things?
                  I spoke with one of our system administrators and unfortunately he said that this would not be possible.

Comment

Thanks Milen, I was already in the middle of a support ticket at the time, and have since been moved to the UK datacentre. The only problem is that i can't get to the CP at the moment. Must be some server issues i think, which im sure will be fixed.

It's a shame that idea won't work. It would be a really handy feature to have, but alas...

Comment

Working...
                    X