Own site development Mentoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own site development Mentoring

When developing your own site, and not using a template as provided by the reseller program, for the first time obviously there are many questions that arise such as what is appropriate for a reseller hosting buisiness to display on site and other similar issues like what can be done to maximise the use of facilities offered by the reseller program [ the use of online help, special links etc ]
    For example I am in the middle of building my first reseller site and as I slowly learn the "ins and outs" of the program it occurred to me that if a mentoring program was established reseller web sites would be a lot easier and more efficiently established.
    So I ask this question of the forum.
    1. Is there any such mentoring program available to join?
    2. Is there any one who has had sufficient experience in the reseller organisation that can offer mentoring support even on a casual [ lets have a look see ] type basis?
    3. Is there any one who can review a site and offer impartial advice that would benefit only the reseller and his reseller organisation with out too much worry about inter-organisational competition?

It appears to me that in the long term such an offering would be beneficial to all parties concerned.

Possibly this is an area that the support team might get involved in?

Care to discuss?

It's a good idea, but generally just asking here on the forum has worked for me in the past.

The guys who have built their own sites (either from scratch, or by using a CMS) have always been happy enough to help me.

Just give us a shout and im sure someone will answer.

Comment

You could use a premade template and change meta tags and keywords for site. Then change code and urls to your resellers urls.

Comment

bizzy, there is no such program. However, the major purpose of this forum is for resellers to help each other with anything related to their reseller business, including web design and web development issues. In fact, there are two sections of the forum dedicated particularly to this purpose: Webmaster lounge and Web developer's discussion. Of course, like with any other forum all help is voluntary and provided to the extent deemed reasonable by the particular forum member providing the assistance.

Comment

Thanks Milen.
          I think I am getting the idea from another web site club [ chess ] that I used to frequent, that automatically appointed a mentor to every new member to ensure that the member was able to take advantage of all that was being offered. thus gaining a marketing advantage by retaining "on-impulse" and "thought through" membership registrations.
          Any way I do appreciate that this forum is driven to fill this role to a large extent and think it is a great idea [this forum]
          and thanks for your response

Comment

Working...
          X