joomla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joomla

I do not know where this belongs but doing a search through the threads I haven't found what I am looking for.

I need to put joomla 1.5 on one of my server accounts. How do I go about that?

Fred

Hello Fred,

I believe Joomla is included in the Elefante Installer, so it is relatively simple. Just create a MySQL database, then go to the Elefante Installer, select Joomla, and follow the instructions. RSP has made it very easy to do.

Comment

It is very easy as I just did this a couple weeks back.
      Just a note the current 1.5 is not stable and will not be till mid 2008 at best.

Have a look at this site for a very easy step by step guide.

http://www.compassdesigns.net/tutori...oomla-1.5.html

Comment

Joomla 1.5 isn't included as far as I know, only 1.12. Just download it from joomla.org and follow the installation instructions. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,
        Leigh

Comment

Joomla 1.5 is still in development, so i wouldn't reccomend using it for a live site yet.

Comment

why I want to change to 1.5

The reason I want to go to Joomla 1.5 is because there is a wonderful book and tutorial by Barrie North of Compas Design. If you like Joomla, check it out at
            www.joomlashack.com.

Fred

Comment

can't login to joomla administrator

This is so fustrating. I really want to use Joomla. I have spent over $100 on books and searched all over the web. I installed 1.0xx and 1.5. I have used the installer provided in the elefante tools. I have uploaded and install 1.5 myself. It always turns out the same. After I install, it works for an hour or so, but if I turn off the computer and try to go back in to administrator, I get an error message basically refering to a database error.

DB function failed with error number 1142
              UPDATE command denied to user 'bizweb_joomla'@'*************100.com' for table 'jos_banner' SQL=UPDATE jos_banner SET impmade = impmade + 1 WHERE bid = 1
              SQL =
              UPDATE jos_banner
              SET impmade = impmade + 1
              WHERE bid = 1

My research seems to put the problem on a session.save problem. I have changed the ini.php to :
              session.save_path = /tmp. I even put the ini.php in the joomla folder.
              One place on the net suggested it is the host's responsibility to make sure the session.save works.
              HAS ANYONE GOT JOOMLA TO WORK.
              I have a number of clients and I am about to jank them all. I really need Joomla to work because it is part of my value added services.

Fred

Comment

Open a support ticket in your hosting control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                  Open a support ticket in your hosting control panel.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think RSP provide support for these 'third-party softwares'.

Comment

It may be an RSP server or a MySQL issue. In that case, it would be an RSP support issue.

However the first logical step would be to ask on the Joomla support forums...

not here on the RSP reseller forum or in a support ticket.

If they tell you it is a problem on teh host's end, then open a support ticket or even ask here on the forum (but the best bet is the support ticket).

Comment

fschutzman, one small thing that I have noticed in your post – you wrote ini.php, while it should be php.ini, perhaps it is just an typo in your post, but it is still worth to note.
                      There are numerous Joomla installations working correctly on our hosting servers, so I doubt that it is a server configuration issue, though you could still open a support ticket about it. Just do not forget to provide the details for the Joomla install, otherwise the support staff would not be able to test it.

Comment

I run 8 successful joomla installations, including version 1.5 in the past with another one going to be installed soon.

I you need any advice, please pm me and i'll run through things with you if you'd like.

Comment

solution

My problem got solved. I put in a support request and next thing you know my joomla is working on all my sites that I am using it. I asked the tech what he did and he stated it was referred to someone else. Anyway it works now.

Fred

Comment

Working...
                          X