developing store, more questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• developing store, more questions

What is the landing page from the shared hosting order form? I want to continue processing and drive the user further than this point, instead of just thank-you goodbye.

A few more no-brainer questions (just to make sure):

Do the hosting plans advertise bandwidth as a maximum per month? So this resets every month?

Resellers can't sell domains without the user having a hosting account, correct?

What is the upgrade hierarchy of the liquid plans mixed with the pre-configured plans? Is it by the cost of the plan? Example, I require the user to pay more for initial value added services on their first year of hosting. Say this is a liquid plan. When they need to renew they upgrade to the same liquid plan but for less money and are not paying for the initial value added service.

I'll think of more. Thanks again.

Do the hosting plans advertise bandwidth as a maximum per month? So this resets every month?
    Yes,it's the maximum bandwidth per month and reset every month,however you can purchase more bandwidth thru the upgrade service section

Resellers can't sell domains without the user having a hosting account, correct?
    Yes,because we are hosting reseller,not domain reseller,that's why domain must bundle with the hosting plan

What is the upgrade hierarchy of the liquid plans mixed with the pre-configured plans? Is it by the cost of the plan? Example, I require the user to pay more for initial value added services on their first year of hosting. Say this is a liquid plan. When they need to renew they upgrade to the same liquid plan but for less money and are not paying for the initial value added service.
    As long as the wholesale price of the plan you created is lower than the predefined plan,you can always upgrade your client to any one of the predefined plan.
    And,If the wholesale of the predefined plan is lower than the plan you created from liquid plan builder,you cannot change the plan of the client.
    However,you can wait til the plan expired and open a support ticket to change the plan and renew it.But downtime will cause in this case because the plan is expired until you renew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
      What is the landing page from the shared hosting order form? I want to continue processing and drive the user further than this point, instead of just thank-you goodbye.
      This is not possible, unless you handle customer billing on your own and go with a custom-designed thank-you page.

Yes, all bandwidth allotments are monthly and reset at the beginning of each month.

Domain only sales are not possible at the moment, but such an option will be available in the future.

What is the upgrade hierarchy of the liquid plans mixed with the pre-configured plans? Is it by the cost of the plan?
      The upgrade hierarchy is based on the plan prices. Both the wholesale and the retail price of the plan should be higher for it to be listed as an upgrade option.

Example, I require the user to pay more for initial value added services on their first year of hosting. Say this is a liquid plan. When they need to renew they upgrade to the same liquid plan but for less money and are not paying for the initial value added service.
      This is not possible. The only option for this would be if the client asks to be switched to a cheaper plan prior to account renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        The upgrade hierarchy is based on the plan prices. Both the wholesale and the retail price of the plan should be higher for it to be listed as an upgrade option.
        This is not possible. The only option for this would be if the client asks to be switched to a cheaper plan prior to account renewal.
        Thank you. So the customer could ask for a cheaper account? Is this too much work for RP?

@wjleong, where is the link to this information.

Comment

Also, what is the landing page? Is it off our domain? It's been a few years since I've placed an order outside of the reseller login.

After the payment process, could RP use a header redirect back to our thank you page? Live example: the email login has the hidden form input where we send RP's handler the login failed url.

Comment

@wjleong, where is the link to this information.
            Which information you are refering to?

Comment

So the customer could ask for a cheaper account? Is this too much work for RP?
              Yes, customers can ask to change to a cheaper plan prior to renewing their accounts. Such account downgrades are only semi-automated and have to be completed manually, so they are done only on a per-request basis.

Also, what is the landing page? Is it off our domain?
              The “Thank you!” pages reside on a separate domain that was specifically registered for this purpose.

After the payment process, could RP use a header redirect back to our thank you page? Live example: the email login has the hidden form input where we send RP's handler the login failed url.
              This is not possible currently (again, unless you handle the customer payments on your own). Perhaps something to this aspect might be implemented in the future, but I cannot promise anything.

Comment

Working...
              X