Wordpress help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress help

Anyone here that is very familiar with wordpress that wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers?

I could sure use a little help

Can you tell us your problem here,so that anybody know how to solve it can help you.

I think this will be more better for them...

Comment

It is not a problem. It is ignorance, i.e., a lack of knowledge!

Comment

Hi, The best place to get advice about wordpress would be the support forum at wordpress website.
        If you are looking for things that are not found there, (like tricks and hacks)then you must be specific as to what you wish to learn.

Comment

You are right. This probably is not the place to ask. I tried the Wordpress forums but my questions are more elementary. I didn't want to waste hour upon hour searching for answers. I thought maybe someone here could take the time to answer some questions by PM but I suppose I was wrong.

Resellers Reseller, you were kind enough to be of help to me in the past. I haven't seen your posts in many a moon, so I suppose your gone. Too bad, I enjoyed our conversations.

Nick

Comment

I've only tried to install it twice, (not on RP servers) and both times I could not get it working, So I don't think I would be any help, lol

Comment

Well I've got it installed. But now that I've got it I can't figure out how to customize it.

Nick

Comment

Hi, so how are you making out?

I use b2 evolution, I find it very easy to customize

Comment

I haven't had much time to work with it and just may drop it altogether in favor for a forum.

I'm just too busy to play with it.

Maybe I'll look into b2 evolution when I finish a few jobs.

Nick

Comment

The easiest and most reliable way to work with the word press fils is through the administrator panel in your word press. You click on the main tab that says themes. There are moretabs on top, one is current theme and it shows you the current theme that you have, under that there are additional themes that may be with your package or that you have uploaded. Another tab says edit files and that is where you go to edit your main template pages. Before you do that do a backup in your hosting control panel. (or ou can do like I do and copy the file to note. This way is you do somehing wrong you have the original script.)

Another way to to this is to download all the files in your wordpress folder, to your editor program on your computer and play with them in there.

The wordpress community has loads of free templates that you can download in zipformat. You must download them to your computer and unzip them into a new folder that you name the sme as the template. Then upload the whole folder to the theme folder of your wordpress file. The new theme will appear in your available themes section of you wordpress adminitrator panel.

Comment

Good Points! Probably the best way to learn is to keep playing around with it.

I was wondering if I could integrate just the blog section into a website without all the other stuff with it. Any ideas? Also, would you know of a script that could be used to add product reviews to a site? Trying to find shortcuts as I am getting quite busy now that I no longer have a day job.

Comment

The only way I know to do it is by playing around with it. I know that the RVsitebuilder with cPanel now has a blog format that you can use. There may be a way to incorporate products into it. There is a forum that I belong to that the people there are very knowledgble about sprcipts and stuff and many of them are dedicated bloggers. If the web address doesn't go through email me and I will send it to you. http://forums.site-reference.com/

Use to belong to another forum but found that the moderators there were kind of prejudiced against people that were not glorifying Hostgator.

The above link is worthwhile checking out.

Comment

Working...
                        X