X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem on reseller panel hosting

hi all

i'm a reseller with this service and my hosting service is hosting1565.com

i signed up for this service long ago since i had a project in my mind which i had to delay for some time. however since beginning of september i started my new venture of web development and i'm quite rolling on now.

i use resellers' panel mostly for my clients. i suggest to them "my" domain and they sign up with their credit card etc.

now i encountered a glitch in my latest design. i use joomla 1.5 and a website i designed worked fine with my xampp webserver on my pc setup as follows:-
    Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9
    MySQL client version: 5.0.51a

When i uploaded all on my resellers panel account the website is returning this message:-
    Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: Unable to call plgSystemJosLang:: parseJosLang() in /home/www/project/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 327

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/www/project/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 135

The problem lies with a plugin named joslang, which actually i CANNOT do without! However after exploring the situation i found out that this problem lies only with me. So i decided to purchase a 1 month hosting with bravehost. Uploading the website there worked fine, so the problem lies with a compatibility issue with resellerspanel accounts/hosting.

From what I can see Resellers Panel runs on:-
    Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9~bpo31+1
    MySQL client version: 4.0.24

Could it be the Apache Web Server version??

Is there something that can be done for me to have my clients use my resellers panel hosting service rather than having them on another hosting service like bravehost where my websites (with this particular plugin) work fine??

Thanks for all your help and support.
    Anton

Submit a ticket - they'll be able to help.

Comment

yes, after reading your post that is what i did.

however they couldn' help.

the problem seems to lie within reseller's panel setup, mostly the apache server version 1.x

i have tested the same website on one.com, netfirms, tsohost and bravenet subdomains thanks to our clients' accounts which we were due to migrate to our resellers panel once these were due to expire on their respective hosts (something we will have to review now). it works also just fine on my xampp
      localhost webserver.

all these hosting services run on apache 2.x servers so it looks like the matter is somewhere between the apache configuration in 1.x to 2.x

however, Resellers Panel seem defiant to offer a solution and are just trying to pull the plug on my problem, which they could face anyway by a similar script from another client.

i suggested them to give me a temporary space/account on a server running similar versions to the above hosts and now i'm waiting for their reply.

my final comment goes on the fact that there are many cheap webhosting services around and RSPanel isn't surely one of the cheapest. Actually it's one on the expensive side when you compare features.

however, in addition, it looks like being an outdated, or perhaps lagging behind others in innovation of new technologies, and to make matters worse, support is as simple as it gets with like " we can do nothing about your problem" attitude.

hope they change.

cheers
      anton

Comment

Originally posted by antonsev View Post
        hi all

now i encountered a glitch in my latest design. i use joomla 1.5 and a website i designed worked fine with my xampp webserver on my pc setup as follows:-
        Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9
        MySQL client version: 5.0.51a

From what I can see Resellers Panel runs on:-
        Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9~bpo31+1
        MySQL client version: 4.0.24

Could it be the Apache Web Server version??

Anton

I use "X" for my non-Resellers Panel accounts.
        Here is what I can see in my account at "X".
        Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)
        MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
        PHP version 5.2.8
        Perl version 5.8.8
        Kernel version 2.6.18-028stab060.8
        cPanel Version 11.24.5-RELEASE_37946

I am paying $6.00 a month for reseller account (20 cPanel accounts)
        700 mb disk space with raid
        70 gb bandwidth
        PLUS many more features.
        -----
        You might want to try them. Reply here and I will give you the URL for the reseller company "X".

I wish you well in your search.

Comment

Working...
        X