api

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• api

can anyone help me understand the process of intergrating the api to build a custom website? I cant figure out what to put where in my template.

A custom web site and a template is a contradiction in terms. You can have one or the other. Please clarify your question.

Comment

api

what i would like to do is, use the api to build my own reseller website, so i have full control over billing, currency, etc. after reading the api documents i cant figure out how and where the paramaters go within my new website. do i need to know php scripting language?

Comment

You have to be familiar with api or else you will have difficulty. Why not just build your own site and use the remote order form integrated into your site to take care of billing? If you are doing your own billing you do not need either api or the remote form.

Comment

you need to know a programming language dosen't have to be php.
          From what I see it seems you just need to either use the post or get method to send the variables or inputs to the api. Then the api will respond in either XML or PHP serialization. So it will only return feedback in these two forms. By default it be in XML.

I would like to see a good example on using the api. I know there is a demo in the api area where you can download it gives you a php file with a class of the api. Then there is a .txt file that shows examples. The problem is the examples are scattered around the file. I don't know where one example starts and stops. It's unreadable.

would like to know if there is any place that gives a good example.
          Or at least give me a hint in php if I should be using the curl or the fsock functions.

I can read the api documentation and it does show in the intro an example of how to do one single query and how to do multiple queries at the same time or at one request.

Comment

is there a command in the API that allows me to grab just the domain name extensions.

Like get an array of .com etc domain extensions???

I tried the command info under the section domains. I get a huge array of many different information.

I just want to know if I can get a list of all the extensions offered for a domain name.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
              If you are doing your own billing you do not need either api or the remote form.
              Would this mean, that we would have to set up each account manually

Comment

Originally posted by robbie247 View Post
                what i would like to do is, use the api to build my own reseller website, so i have full control over billing, currency, etc. after reading the api documents i cant figure out how and where the paramaters go within my new website. do i need to know php scripting language?
                You would need to know PHP and I would recommend using a database to store your user data. You will need to store certain parameters locally within your PHP script. You also need to make sure you have the funds in your wallet to cover the transaction or order you place via the API.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey97 View Post
                  is there a command in the API that allows me to grab just the domain name extensions.
                  https://api.**********.com/?auth_username={yourstore}&auth_password={yourpass word}&section=domains&command=info

Then parse the XML for the tag <tld>, building a list of all TLD available to order.

For example, <tld>we.bs</tld>

Comment

Working...
                  X