Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hepsia VPS OpenVZ MySQL connection help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hepsia VPS OpenVZ MySQL connection help!

After I reboot the VPS, I received the following error:

Could not connect to the database; Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)

I searched a lot of solutions and I couldn't find the ability to restart the mysql without reboot the whole vps :

/scripts/restartsrv_mysql
    /scripts/mysqlup --force
    /scripts/mysqlconnectioncheck

because I did not found where is the /scripts located at.

and also I can't change the ownership to mysql :

sudo chown -R mysql /var/run/mysqld/
    or
    sudo chown -R mysql /hosting/var/run/mysqld/

Help @@

Finally I found a solution, just changed the sql connection from localhost to 127.0.0.1, the problem solved in few seconds.

The support told me is my database file's code problem (OpenCart)
    my-opencart-software-folder/system/database/mysql.php

I tried to rename the file, disable the url, the problem still persist. Then I start thinking again, why my other site url wordpress site got problem can be related to OpenCart ?

Again I did research and finally I found just to simply change localhost to 127.0.0.1, then the problem solved.

I know RSP doesn't support custom code, but don't bring me go travelling...

1 hour downtime for rebooting the VPS. @@ but still lucky that I found the solution, so for those who choose Hepsia CP and after rebooting the VPS or D-server, if you're experiencing the MySQL problem, try this solution and hope this can save your time too.

Comment

After the support escalated the issue to the administration, finally it solved, and now can use localhost as well as 127.0.0.1

According to the support, the issue was arose from a wrong resolver within /hosting/etc/resolv.conf.

###################
      The problem was a wrong resolver within /hosting/etc/resolv.conf . Due to it localhost was not resolving correctly. After setting the correct record in /etc/resolv.conf , localhost begin to resolve correctly again .
      ###################

But what I don't understood is, why after reboot the VPS, the record became mistake ?

@@??

Comment

Working...
      X