live streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live streaming

I have a prospect last week who wants to have live streaming website. I asked in the ticket what package he recommends and he says to go for at least a Ultra VPS since live streaming is not allowed in the shared hosting.

I'm going to make a follow up call to my prospect later to see his needs but I have a feeling that he will find my offer a bit expensive.

Can anyone suggest an alternative way to live stream?

I was searching in google for a couple of days now and I found justin.tv, ustream.tv, livestream.com, bitgravity. Is this the same to want my prospect looking for? Is it like embedding it to their website like youtube? Also if they choose one of this live stream services can they playback the old episode like youtube?

I hope someone can clear things for me. Thanks

host live streaming in shared hosting will made other users site down and also made the server overloaded.

so, you can't find any reputed host that allow live streaming in shared hosting.

Comment

Hello,

You will not be able to stream a movie like in YouTube in a shared hosting account, but there is no problem for the so called progressive-download - it allows you to watch the movie as it downloads. The difference between streaming and a progressive download is this - using PD you will not be able to randomly click on the time-line and have the media streamed from that point on, you will have to wait until the download reaches that part, while the streaming allows you to watch a given movie from any point of the time line.

If you wish to have a movie streamed you will have to order a VPS + cPanel or a Dedicated server and install FFMPEG which will allow you to have a youtube.com like site.
      The FFMPEG is not installed on any of our shared hosting servers as it will overload the servers badly.

It is not that you won't be able to find a "reputable" hosting provider that allows streaming. There are some but the prices are rocketing, so you may as well get a VPS with cPanel.

Comment

At ViaStreaming.com provides quality ShoutCast™ Server, Windows Media™ Server and Flash Media™ Server streaming hosting (99.99% Servers Uptime Guarantee S.L.A.) to companies looking for professional and reliable services for broadcasting Live audio-video media over the internet. It also provide direct and secure access to the worlds most advanced global networks at very affordable rates.

sakibpavel

Comment

Working...
        X