CMS for web designing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS for web designing

Which one will be the best CMS for designing a website? Is there any suggestion?

Orthohin

I have used Joomla and Wordpress. I especially like wordpress for its ease of updating and adding plugins. There are a lot of nice templates for it and also I used BuddyPress on one of my sites.

Comment

I used Joomla for many years but in my opinion it has become "bloat ware". The core program is now quite big and it can run quite slow. It is also quite complicated to learn if you are not used to it.

Have been looking at Word Press and it looks a better option. Smaller file size and easier to learn but it is not designed for web sites (it is blogging tool) so needs a little bit of hacking to use for websites. Nothing too difficult though and there is plenty of support for it.

One I am trying out at the moment is Wolf CMS http://www.wolfcms.org/. It is a fork of Frog CMS (I believe Frog CMS is no longer supported). Has the advantage of having a small footprint and very customisable but needs a bit of PHP/HTML knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by orthohin View Post
        Which one will be the best CMS for designing a website? Is there any suggestion?

Orthohin
        Hi there,

right now I'm looking at ImpressPages. Looks good to me, but I don't know if it is supported. I installed the package on my home server with no problems whatsoever.

Looks nice...and open source.

Dutchy

Comment

Just downloaded Impress to have a look and it doesn't work for me. Keep getting page not on server errors. Menu admin is blank and won't allow pages to be added.

Not a lot of documentation available. I downloaded the latest version 2.0 stable which is recommended release but seems it is not stable and needs to have bugs sorted before being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Ittiger View Post
            Just downloaded Impress to have a look and it doesn't work for me. Keep getting page not on server errors. Menu admin is blank and won't allow pages to be added.

Not a lot of documentation available. I downloaded the latest version 2.0 stable which is recommended release but seems it is not stable and needs to have bugs sorted before being released.
            Hello there,

what page errors do you get? Is there something in the logs maybe? (apache).

Dutchy

Comment

web designer depot . com is the best for that

Comment

These are some cms for web designing joomla, word press, Drupal, concrete5 and cushyCMS.

Comment

Working...
                X