Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HTML and CSS Editor do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HTML and CSS Editor do you prefer?

I have started to design the first websites using Dreamweaver but after some time I realized that this application is too heavy and I didn't use the most of its tools at all, I have just written HTML and CSS totally manually in it. I never used that WYSIWYG function at all.

I never liked to use WYSIWYG Editors at all. They often add excess html code and we never have full control over our design.
    HTML and CSS are quite easy to learn so it is much better to write down just pure code.

Some time ago I downloaded Notepad ++ but I was not convinced to it at all. It was too simple for me.

A couples of days ago I downloaded free HTML editors: kED and PSPad. They are also very light and colour code syntax and format code appearance. That's shame they are not able to validate HTML and CSS code.

I will start to use them and I will see how they will work.

I am very interested what HTML and CSS you prefer to use. Please share your opinion about it with everyone here. Best regards to everyone here

My choice has always been Dreamweaver.

Comment

Dreamweaver is good, but as I use Linux, I have to run it in a Virtual Machine.

Some OS alternatives are :

* Bluefish Editor
      * Kompozer
      * Quanta Plus
      * SeaMonkey

Comment

I think dreamweaver is best.

tcl

Comment

Again, copied word for word from a post on Digital Point

Posted Jun 6th 2012, 11:51 am by richardm55

Comment

Dreamweaver is best according to me.

Comment

HTML and CSS

I prefer only HTML4 and HTML5.

Comment

Originally posted by adelinebosanquet View Post
                I prefer only HTML4 and HTML5.
                I wasn't aware bots could have a preference! Your pages must look very bland in just pure HTML!

Comment

Working...
                X