Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla extensions auto-update

Hi all :-)

I am a Joomla developer and as a standard set of extensions, I use a few specific components on every site I build and some of them have an auto-update feature that need to have enabled the cURL PHP extension or activate the URL fopen() wrappers.
    I just started with RP and beginning to transfer all my sites to my semi-dedicated server. The issue I ran into, as soon as I checked my second transferred site, is that my server config does not allow that auto-update feature to work. I did enable URL fopen() wrappers in my server configuration, but that did not do anything.
    I was wondering if some one can advise maybe I'm not doing/seeing something or is it simply due RP firewall configuration?

Thank you in advance :-)

Dan

Hello,

Make sure that your outgoing connections filter is disabled or simply add an exception regarding the IP address to which the script tries to connect to for the updates.

That should resolve your issue provided that everything else is set up properly.

If you require additional technical help, please open a support ticket from within your account as we usually don't provide such support here on the forum.

Comment

Didn't think about checking there LOL
      Disabling it worked. Thank you :-)
      The reason I decided to ask in here instead of opening a ST, was that I thought the answer would be a generic one and nothing serious.
      Once again - appreciate the help, thank you :-)

Comment

Glad it worked for you.

I assure you you would have gotten the same response as here.
        The thing is here you would almost never get support for technical issues. We don't have the habit of solving issues over the forum as usually it requires user details which are obviously not secure to be discussed over the forum.

Comment

Gotcha :-)
          Thank you, Yan

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X