No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Is Free - Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that they could have made Edge a little nicer looking, more people might use it. Right now it is just ugly, bland.

Workspaces are now on W10, a little late to the game though. That is really going to confuse folks.

Oh what fun times. LOL

Comment

I agree with yav0r, the edge browser is interesting just because IE was around for so long, but I don't believe I'll find myself using the edge browser to much (except for testing purposes). Google chrome is currently the browser I prefer to use and I'm happy chrome is still working good after upgrading to Windows 10.

Comment

I was unable to upgrade to Windows 10 on my dual-boot (Windows 8/Linux Mint) Lenovo G510 laptop

My only option is to install it as separate installation, which I do not want to do.

I will test it on another computer and if I like it - | will get rid of the Windows 8, which is almost 60 GB for me...

Comment

Tom is that laptop on actual 8? If so I believe you have to bump it up to 8.1 to be eligible for the upgrade. Apologies if I misread your post LMAO!!

Comment

Oops, my mistake - It is Windows 8.1 PRO.

It turned out to be a common upgrade error, I am surprise to see that it has worked for all of you

Comment

I really didn't have no problems with the upgrade itself... I had a Linux partition on my laptop so I did the upgrade from 7 then clean installed from the ISO so I could get rid of the partition easily.. It runs so well that I haven't even bothered to go to asus's website to get the native drivers and software, why fix something that just works LMAO....

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                It runs so well that I haven't even bothered to go to asus's website to get the native drivers and software, why fix something that just works LMAO....
                Really? wow. OK I am installing it tomorrow

Comment

Tom, If you choose to clean install you may have to activate windows manually in update and security..

Yav, I had a minor audio issue but nothing like yours.. For some reason audio was detected on my dell monitor and was set as default sound device. Nothing really major and actually not a upgrade / install issue as I did both without the external monitor plugged in..
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-08-2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I was finally able to upgrade.

The process took 3 good hours.

I had to delete C:\$Windows.~BT and re-download the update.

So far - so good

Comment

Well it is and maybe isn't time to update. 1. I run a plex server for my home... Edge is not compatable with plex for local playback on the local puter that's the server. 2 for example.. and with edge, quoting your post, I have to space a couple lines and post above the quote code (example this post) plus inserting your smilies from the forum does not work hehe. If I don't everything I type is backwards... spelled right to left. Microsoft does have A lot of work left on Edge obviously or the forum software you use for the forum is gonna have to make an update. we will see what happens, these are just some things I am running into after installing.. I don't quote or use smilies that much on the forum... but it just don't work with edge

Originally posted by yav0r
                      And now its time to update http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/win...-download.html (don't be spooked by the link its just a news site )

Comment

test post

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                          test post

Ok just a couple of tests..

Comment

Ok The update for 10 yesterday fixed the issues I was having with plex and edge (YAY)!!! "edit" Nope just kicked out a movie again after playing 4 back to back

Solution for inserting smilies in the forum using edge right click the smiley you want then copy n paste

​Solution for quoting a post and right to left text - quote as normal, backspace to the [/quote] then hit return a couple times..

Note these are just work arounds and there is still a nasty refresh bug I'm having on the forum using edge where the page refreshes out of the blue and I loose my typed content. MS still have a way to go with this browser, however I like the simplicity of it.
                            Last edited by doneritehosting; 15-08-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X