Reseller API interface help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseller API interface help

I've been looking at changing my site interface to the API interface and was just looking for a little more information on it.

I've read the page on the API interface, but am still unsure on how to go about implementing it.

If anyone could provide more information on how to go about this i would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

Did you check out the examply code that RSP provides?

Comment

I have found that editing the example API code to fit what you are trying to do works pretty well. (a lot easier than starting from scratch) As long as you have made the appropriate configurations to the example API code to pull your account information you should be set.

Comment

I've had a look at it, but im trying to figure out exactly what i require for it.

I think i'll need a new hosting account for it, but i can buy a hosting package through my site anyway.

Would it be possible to build the site in HTML and simply add in the billing etc elements from the API? Or is there more involved than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
          Would it be possible to build the site in HTML and simply add in the billing etc elements from the API? Or is there more involved than this?
          That really depends on how much of the api you want to use.

Comment

dos any one used api on hes site ??/ plese provede a link .
            i have a hard time using it

thnx

Comment

Does anyone know what other "things" we need to use in conjunction with the API ?

Merchant account ? Payment Gateway ? etc etc ?

Comment

Yes, you would need both of those, as well as a means to provide customer support. I belive that's all you would need, though.

Comment

Any recommendation of good merchant account and payment gateway provider ?

Comment

Authorize.net gets very good reviews. It's also a fairly easy (all things considered) system to setup. I will probably be rolling it out to a design client in the next few weeks.

Comment

I am also having trouble with the api.

I entered the list_stores parameters directly into a browser and it returned the proper values.

However, when I use the api demo, I continually get an error back
                      Warning: file(): SSL: fatal protocol error in /home/www/abcd.com/api_demo/afunc.php on line 7

Warning: file(h*ttps://api.resellerspanel.com/index.php?r=uname&p=pnum&req_type=list_stores): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /home/www/abcd.com/api_demo/afunc.php on line 7

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/abcd.com/api_demo/afunc.php on line 19

The api call in the error string is identical to what I put in the browser that got a return(I copied and pasted from the error). I have input both my server ip address for the api demo and my local pc ip into the api settings in the rsp cp.

the ip on my local machine is dynamic from the cable co. the ip on my server is shared from an rsp server
                      Any ideas?
                      Last edited by vnet; 30-01-2006, 06:10 AM.

Comment

vnet,

sorry about the late reply.
                        tomorrow i will stick a developer to check your problem.

Comment

Here is why the demo of our API is not working.

1. Login to RSP CP.
                          2. Click on 'Change API Settings'
                          3. Enter new IP address: (enter the IP from where you will make the connection to the API interface)
                          4. Save Settings

inside the afunc.php there is API URL which is filled by default and it is correct.
                          you should enter your RSP username and your API password (32 bit encription), wich is available in 'Change API Settings' section.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Blaskov
                            Here is why the demo of our API is not working.

1. Login to RSP CP.
                            2. Click on 'Change API Settings'
                            3. Enter new IP address: (enter the IP from where you will make the connection to the API interface)
                            4. Save Settings

inside the afunc.php there is API URL which is filled by default and it is correct.
                            you should enter your RSP username and your API password (32 bit encription), wich is available in 'Change API Settings' section.
                            Nick, thanks for trying, but as my initial post said, I have entered the ip addresses from both my local pc(used because I entered the call directly into a browser and got the correct return) and the ip of the server30 that my api demo is hosted on(which recieves the error messages in the other post).

Since I copied and pasted the api call directly from the error on the api demo and got it to work on a direct call from a browser, my guess is that the afunc.php file is correct, since I would not have gotten the correct info received back from the local browser call otherwise. I am waiting on support for another answer. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning I will be bugging you all again.

Comment

vnet,

I tried the demo of our API myself.
                              Here is what I have found regarding your case.
                              I use our server #13 with a dedicated IP for this example. http://209.25.170.123/
                              The problem comes out of the fact that you have not entered the right IP address inside the RSP CP (Change API Settings > Allowed Addresses).

For example the shared IP that is used for all clients websites on the server where my demo is located is 209.25.170.9. If I enter inside the Allowed Addresses my dedicated IP 209.25.170.123, the demo will not work.
                              If I enter the shared IP 209.25.170.9, the same thing will happen.

When I enter 209.25.170.8 the demo starts working as it should.
                              Why it is like that?
                              This is because 209.25.170.8 is the IP used for the default route.
                              Everything that is resolved on the server return the results from 209.25.170.8. This is the IP for the outgoing traffic.
                              The incoming traffic comes to 209.25.170.9 (a shared IP of server #13) and al dedicated IPs as well. But the outgoing traffic passes only through 209.25.170.8.

So, inside the Allowed Addresses you have to register the IP from where you will make the connection with RSP API Interface, not the IP where you will host it, because it is obvious that these can be 2 different things sometimes.

Also by default 209.25.170.8 is used for dns1 and 209.25.170.2 is used for dns2. The IP of dns2 is always the IP used as a shared IP for all customers located on each particlar server.

You have to get in contact with your provider and ask him what is the IP used for the default route and enter this IP in RSP CP (Change API Settings > Allowed Addresses).

I hope this answer is good enough and will help you to solve your situation.

I also found few minor bugs inside the demo files. They will be fixed in the coming 10 days, because the developer that is taking care of the API and the LPB is on a vacation until next Monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X