Windows Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server

Just wanted to know how this person got this service?

Sorry, cannot get the hyperlink to work..

Visit this page: http://www.mindmeldnetworks.com/

Thanks
    Pastor

Ummmm Is this legit? I didnt know windows platforms were available yet from resellers panel.....

Comment

The Windows hosting is not RSP. This is a custom site. The order form for the Windows Hosting is sent to http://mindmeld.net/cgi-bin/fmail.pl. Not RSP, the order form for his RSP plans are https://secure.duoservers.com/index....play=Corporate.

This Reseller has a Windows reseller account with some other service and incorporated it into one of RSP templates.

Nothing wrong with that... except he's using the RSP TOS for both and that's a bit out of wack with reality.

Comment

Cool Thanks DS51

Comment

can they do that, or are they doing it with another service and just using the same template layout as rss..

thanks
          Pastor

Comment

Not sure what you mean can they do that, but you can use a RSP template on your own domain and customize it. You can sell other products and services from your site if you want as well.

Comment

We currently do not provide Windows-based web hosting services, such an addition to our portfolio is planed, but I cannot say when it is going to be available. The web hosting store in question has simply used one of our templates and has modified it to include a service from a different provider. However, using our Terms of Service for the Windows-based hosting service is not reasonable, and the reseller will be notified about this.

Comment

Cant i offer Windows hosting?

HI,
                I have two domains for eg: example.com and example.net pointing to same template 16. But i plan to create a custom site for example.com and host it with my current host until my plan reaches 1 year(not RSP).
                Here my clients are also demanding for Windows hosting which i cannot find with RSP. SO i wanna purchase a reseller pack from some other co and offer it in same site, example.com. Is it possible? bcos i have private ns associated with example.com created through RSP.

it is better to have both hosting under one site and domain...
                plz advice wat to do..
                regards,
                San

Comment

San, if you are planning to create a custom-designed reseller site and hosting it in a web hosting account that you have (either with us or with another provider), you can integrate the Windows-hosting services from another provider into your custom-designed site. You are free to use any of the remote forms, templates and or template elements that we offer, but you must make sure that the Windows-hosting services that you plan to offer will be accompanied by their applicable terms and conditions of service.

I personally do not see any pros in Windows-based hosting over Linux-based one except if the client already has a site built on some Microsoft technology like Active Server Pages (ASP). If the client does not have a site yet, then perhaps you should advice them to build their site on open technologies like PHP, Python and MySQL rather that on proprietary technologies like the ones offered by Microsoft. Furthermore, in general Windows-based web hosting accounts tend to be more expensive that Linux-based ones due to the high amount of licence fees that the provider would owe to Microsoft when using their server technologies.

Comment

Working...
                  X