Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 of my 28 resellers have sales. Good or Bad..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ...

i have 8 affiliates, but not one of them make sales.

including my own . Poor me and my affiliates

Comment

Originally posted by InfoH View Post
      Nice idea Daniel will look into that,

I currently dont have any affiliates never looked into getting any

What are your views? is it worth the effort?

It doesnt have to be any effort at all. Thats the beauty of it. Just make sure you have a prominent affiliates wanted/resellers wanted link. Even to the point of offering clients to be resellers themselves instead. That way you not only get a long time client but a long time reseller.

Comment

I dont know if having a downline is worth it

I think you only get 10% of what they join for and nothing else why have them if you dont make anything from having them in your downline just clogging net with similar sites brings your rank down and hard to get top listing in search engines. and adds more compution. One reseller from here I think thats all he is selling just making money from them joining resellers.let me know if i am wrong his id is only in the first 1500 that have joined

Comment

my take on it..

Ok well here is my take on it... For starters I currently use the ready made template using my custom header and footer and placing the rsp affiliate banner or link on my site would just crack me wide open as to me being a reseller.. I would lose client growth and that legit business factor. As well the intelligent and deceiving webmasters would simply remove my tracking portion of the URL.. As well I have spent the extra money to keep myself anonymous with the dns clusters... Now everytime someone does a who is on one of my clients they see my name server 1 out of 10 or 15 people check it out.

I am focusing on an image of trust and reliability and I would spoil all that as I said if I sent resellers to my affiliate link.. In the past I suggested a much better affiliate program approach that would increase our revenue and rsp revenue which you can find in the suggestions and feedback forum under the title of "new affiliate stucture" or something to that tune.

I am in the near future creating my own custom site which has had quite a bit of effort invested into it.. At this point of having my custom site while not using the custom templates I can then promote my affiliate link without having my identity busted wide open. Chances are I will never promote the affiliate link unless my suggestion that i mentioned in the paragraph above gets implemented for a new affiliate system.. Basically a nut shell in a nut shell of the idea would be that we could set rates to pay people for referring us new clients.. This ofcourse would come out of our own commission but gaining a client is worth giving up 10 dollars of your profits. Only headache with that Idea is RSP handling the transactions to pay off the affiliates because the number of sells would increase rather dramatically.. The benefits definitely out weigh the cons of it though.. Anyway Im getting carried away...

To make this entirely too long of a post come to a quick stop just think that the currently affiliate set up is not good for someone who is a reseller themselves.. If you are not a reseller but only an affiliate then its a great program.. If we ever see my suggestion get implemented (which I am working on a module to present to RSP) then as the post before me mentioned we will not be polluting the internet with more competition... If I get this system created and RSP accepts it or if they just take my idea and build their own then the results should be pretty tremendous..

I am not putting down the current program but if you are like me and are making any effort to claim independence on the net with your ready made template then the affiliate program is not a great thing to promote... As well as soon as one of your clients sign up with the program you had better believe they will be moving service off of your client base... Again though I guess this works well for some other people though. Sorry for babbling so long..

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by urlguru View Post
            I know it took me longer to get my own sales going than some of my resellers.
            How many sales have you made compared to your Affiliates?

Chris

Comment

I have about 10 affiliates. I do see some sales every now and then from them.

I make more sales then all 10 combined so i must be promoting program more. I am not promoting the affiliate program just have it listed on a site and get new affiliates now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
                I make more sales then all 10 combined so i must be promoting program more. I am not promoting the affiliate program just have it listed on a site and get new affiliates now and then.
                Same here, I have 6 affiliates and only 2 have made sales. I don`t promote my hosting not much a couple of banners here and thier, I use my hosting as as a Webdesign Package.

Where do you Advertise your hosting site?

Chris

Comment

Actually that is quite good most resellers don't get any sales.

Comment

I don't know, I've not tried this. But I am wondering if it would be possible to create a custom sign up form and login form for affiliates sign ups. I'm thinking mainly one that would sign up the user invisibly without leaving your hosting site. I think this could be done easily with a little php trickery.

The login form would be a bit tricky as far as doing it the same way.. Unless RSP created a way to pass data from our login script to a Co branded Control Panel cloaked with our domain names. Then when the user signed out of the control panel, they'd return to our site. This could work if RSP was willing to put the time in to make an option like this. It could boost affiliate sign ups as well as obtain more serious resellers. Sounds like Opportunity knocking to me!

What do you think RSP? Sound like a doable idea?

Comment

I would like to see this but I would have the feeling that they are working on something in the backround to allow us resellers to privately be able to give out our own *free* reseller program.

I would be curious if they would ever even do that by allowing end users to resell the same products we sell. It seems like it would be a very complicated system and would require alot of backend work but would be VERY cool.

Comment

Adam, unfortunate what you suggest is not possible. There had already been a similar suggestion before, but a program where the affiliate signs up for a reseller account without the knowledge that he\she is actually signing with Resellers Panel/LiquidNet Ltd. is not possible, since the Reseller Agreement represents a legally binding contract where both sides must be aware with whom they are actually dealing.

Comment

Originally posted by cjpweb View Post
                          Hi,

How many sales have you made compared to your Affiliates?

Chris
                          I am a terrible reseller - I think I still use one of the really old templates and all - BUT I am a great recruiter of the opportunity. Some of my best resellers sell a lot and it nice now that I am in my 3rd year and am getting some great renewals. Well my sellers get the renewals and I still get the 10%.

I just love resller panel and thanks for this great opportunity.

I just wish all those other resllers would add some links and some keywords and some content to their sites so that people would find them.

Comment

I recommend looking at purchasing some sort of usermanagement software, or community system like Drupal or Joomla, building forms into it so customers can order new plans. And manually perform the orders. Its not as hard as it sounds . Then you'll have your own reseller system.

Comment

I do little advertising and going to do more but for a start I'm doing quite well. I believe word-of-mouth is going to be the best situation in many cases.

As if someone sees a friend have a website they go "Oh, wow. Who is your webhost or how did you make a website?"

"Oh, I have this wonderful host called *********"

Just little things like that gives good rep and will defintely increase the amount hosting. I believe as well once they get in the customizable reseller templates it will help keep reseller anonymity even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X