Email Spoof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Spoof

I've noticed with my catchall email, that someone is spoofing emails listing the sender as someone at one of my domains. Is there any way to stop this?

Hi, this new SPF might help, look here http://www.resellerspanel.com/web_ho...rotection.html

Comment

However, they had the warning which says Please note that these settings are for advanced users only!
      which have kept me off it all along.

Comment

Does there happen to be a set of better instructions so we can learn how it runs so that we can find out whether or not it works for us?

Comment

Information about the Sender Policy Framework extension of the SMTP protocol is available here. A good explanation of what is SPF and how it works is also available in the help tab of the respective section of our web hosting control panel.

Comment

I did implement the SPF

With my isp.com I can only use their smtp server to send, so I listed their mailserver under hosts and nothing else

However, I'm still getting bounced soofed email back (with my catchall account) that are being rejected by servers.

Is that because they those spoffed emails are being sent from the same ISP as mine, that not all pop severs check SPF, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by frrobert View Post
              Is that because they those spoffed emails are being sent from the same ISP as mine, that not all pop severs check SPF, or both?
              Not all mailservers support Sender Policy Framework yet, although the number of servers checking SPF records is increasing daily. In this sense SPF is not an absolute mail spoofing protection, at least yet.

As for the origin of the spoofed e-mails, you should be able to check the original mailserver through which the spoofed e-mails were sent in the header of the bounced messages to see whether this mailserver matches the one of your ISP.

Comment

I too am getting some bounced back e-mails, which were not sent by me. Worrying as I really don't want to get on any Blacklists.

Comment

Working...
                X