Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template

Is there an easy way to edit a template that I got off Template Monster?

i use dreamweaver or sometimes frontpage. And to edit the graphics you need to use adobe photoshop. if you need some help send me a pm and i can give you some pointers

Comment

I have sent the PM.

Comment

also if its a flash template
        you will need flash to edit the name and logo on the intro/header

Comment

Hi,
          It might be a little late to post on this thread but maybe this might help some of you out. I recently purchased a templatemonster template but to be fair I bought it from Daniel, this was my attempt to kinda keep the RSP family happy and content... Anyways, I found the templates from monster to be fairly easy to work with but there is one thing you must remember: Most of these templates, and many others you may buy elsewhere, have been made by folks that do not claim English as a native language. The templates look great and function accordingly but sometimes the html code does not completely validate to the latest html standards so set forth by W3c.org. There may just be simple errors such as placing html variables that just don;t need to be there....these error's as you just look at the site do not seem to make much difference but in fact they do. Non validated and appropriate html code can be cummbersome to the overall load time of your site and can affect the way some search engine spiders view results so seen. These templates are great and fairly easy to use yet I would strongly suggest that any website I had did in fact contain complete validated html code. Either go to W3C.org or get the web accessibility toolbar that has been mentioned on this forum somewhere, and validate your site.

One other quick one: I would also suggest viewing my template as I conform it with more than one website browser. Internet Explorer...Opera....firefox...
          and Netscape to name a few, and at different resolutions. This will increase the fact that more internet users will in fact see your site as you intended them too!!! Thanks for your time, and May god Bless, Doug

Comment

I use Namo and Photoshop and it works great
            And cardiox is right, make sure it works in all browsers, and also that it works in all viewing sizes (usually TemplateMonster does this automatically, but if you do some more in depth editing then this is important to check).

Comment

That was a good tip Cardine about using Namo. I did not realize that namo had quick links to view your site in other browsers...that's handy! I never have really had the resources to purchase Photoshop so I am kinda making do with the Gimp....

Comment

Working...
              X