Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google pagerank tip

Hi all,
    I have yet to launch any kind of marketing campaign for my True Life Hosting RSP account as I am real curious about the new customizable template venture we may soon have. But however, I do own several other domain names and have one set of domain names that I have set aside as somewhat experimental. One of these experiments used a domain name with a website that had no content....basic html...no meta tags ect. The experiment was to prove the rumor I had heard about the Google search engine spider. This rumor stated that the length of time a domain name was registered had a direct reflection on it's page rank. I found that when this particular domain name with no website content was registered for one year only, the page rank remained O. When I upgraded the registration to 5 years then the domain name page rank went directly to 2 and the next month to 3.
    It has remained at 3 now for several months and this website is blank...it has no meta tags...it has no back links!!! It is basically just riding on the fact that it has been registered for a period longer than one year. I do believe this rumor to be true and in fact the longer your domain name is registered the more weight it carrys with the google search spider. Who knows what all learks within the google search engine mind but this rumor so far seems to fit.
    I am not sure how this works out on a domain that already has a pagerank but I am sure it will not hurt....

Thanks for your time and May God Bless, Doug

Hi again,
    Many of you may already have had knowledge of the above tip but for those that didn't i must add this:

It does appear that the optimum domain registration period is somewhere between 5 and 10 years. In other words, a domain name registration for 20 years may very well carry the same weight as one for 10. Most likely the overall reasoning behind this way google has chosen to place a domain name value has direct relation to the domain industry itself. Many folks buy 100's and even 1,000's of domain names in an attempt to sell them for profit. During this attempt we find most of these domain names registered from year to year. Most often they are either parked pages or for sale pages...either way they have no inherent value as they sit and basically clog up the search engine with useless websites. In the attempt to weed through all this Google places a higher value on domains registered longer than a year. Don't get me wrong here...they do not penalize you for only registering a domain name for one year, they simply add greater value to one that is registered longer because it most likely is one that has value and content that their search engine users will need. I hope you find this helpful and I simply wish the best to all my new RSP friends. Thanks again and May God Bless, Doug

Also taking into consideration that the minimum registration for a domain name is a year it is less likely that a malicious website will be registered for any period greater than that...In conclusion I would highly suggest registering my RSP domain name for a period greater than one year...this will most likely afford you greater success in the long run.
    Last edited by cardiox; 26-02-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

If you want to rank well google the most important thing is the backlinks to your site not the domain

Comment

If you want to rank well google the most important thing is the backlinks to your site not the domain
        You are right but the amount of time your domain is registered for does help your google pr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashuva View Post
          You are right but the amount of time your domain is registered for does help your google pr.
          yes thats what I heard. If you have a domain name registered for 3 years then it will have a high page rank than a domain name registered for 1 year.

Regards,

Comment

I had a domain I bought that was used in 2002 and had alot of traffic and was still checked by google. So that site gets quite a bit of traffic.

Comment

that is intresting and think your both right I have herad that backlink site quality also was included in determing rank my domian was used in 2005 already had a backlink fron another page listed on search engine my site was used as a hosting site

Comment

Working...
              X