Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraud

Hi every one
    I am new to RP signed up 1 and month ago.
    I have 4 costumers all 4 was fraud.
    Is any one had the same problem.
    If I spelled somethinge wrong sorry for it becouse I live in Canada but I am an imigrant.

I have the same problem.
    It's just part of the business.
    I wish it wasn't but there are so many that try and get something for nothing. I would like to take them all out back and shoot them.

Comment

what do u mean by fraud, as in they signed up and didn't pay?

do us resellers get stuck with nething then if we are using the remote order form?

i must sound naive or something i reckon lol

Comment

Fraud in most cases means that
        a)the account has been paid with stolen credit card/Paypal
        b) the payee didn't recognize the charge
        c) the account was obviously ordered for illegal activities (phishing for example).

I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
          do us resellers get stuck with nething then if we are using the remote order form?
          If resellers use the remote order form, they will get the same fraud protection that we provide to the resellers using the reseller templates. However, if resellers handle customer billing on their own (through the reseller API or otherwise), the responsibility for handling customer fraud will belong to the reseller. It is true that popular payment processors like PayPal, WorldPay and 2Checkout offer some form of fraud protection, but it is very basic at the most.

Comment

I have got about 5 frauds aswell

Comment

Then the conclusion to come to is that you should have RSP do it for you. It will save you the much needed time and really isn't that much of a hassle.

Comment

I haven't had any trouble with fraud yet. It definitely does happen though.

Comment

Yea, by experience you will have tons more luck having RSP do the fraud protection then doing it yourself. As you can get in a big legal battle if you don't handle it correctly I'm assuming.

Comment

i've had a few fraudulent ones, but there was one thing i found strange. When my brother in law bought a package through me, it showed as a fraudulent purchase until he verified his account. Once he did that it changed to the usual ok one (can't think of the word right now lol)

Comment

Chameleon, there are a number of reasons why a hosting account order might be labeled as "possible fraud" (if I remember correctly, the status this account status is labeled as P.Fraud, in the reseller control panel). Once the account order is verified, the order status is updated accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X