X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICANN publicly de-accredited the domain registrar RegisterFly.com

Hi All,

Heard of the above:

"On March 16th, the International Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) publicly de-accredited the domain registrar RegisterFly.com for fundamental contractual breaches. "

I have 1 potential customer who, before consulting me, had register a domain name with registerfly.com 3 days ago yet up to now, still show not registered under whois.

Heard people also complaint about eNom. Anything we as reseller should know ?

Thanks for any info.

That's unfortunate for their customers from the previous registrar. Although as for enom, I have had nothing but success and ease with their service.

Regards,

Comment

RegisterFly cannot register new domains. Tell the client to register it somewhere else; otherwise, he or she will be waiting for eternity!

Comment

Originally posted by drambeau View Post
        Heard people also complaint about eNom. Anything we as reseller should know?
        I personally have not heard about any complaints against eNom, although this does not mean that such complaints might not exists. However, I think it would take much more that a few customer complaints for a registrar to lose its ICANN accreditation. As far as I understand, it would require quite serious and repetitive violations of ICANN’s policies for ICAAN to revoke the accreditation it has provided to a domain name registrar, especially if it is one of the largest domain name registrars on the Internet like eNom. So, I think that your domain(s) are quite safe with eNom.

Comment

Yeah enom is the second largest domain registrar in the world from what I remember, I don't know so far I have nothing but postive results from them. But surely their are always a few people that get glitches in their accounts or whatever.

But yeah i agree with you, in order to be de-creditated from the ICANN you really have to have much more on the plate against you rather than a few complaints.

Comment

Check http://www.webhosting.info for fairly accurate reports on not only the largest domain registrars, but also the amount of domains they are registering in any given week.

Comment

That's pretty interesting, thanks for that...

Comment

You're welcome. Just be aware that it's not always completely accurate! :-/

Comment

yeah webhosting.info's forums is also an effective free way to advertise. By making a post every month I advertised my www.rspanel.com site there and have been getting more affiliates then I would have ever guessed I would get.

Comment

That's good to hear been getting a good amount of profit?

Comment

yeah, its been helping. Most of my profit is from direct clients but affiliates is good to have and brings more smaller profits

Comment

This thread has wondered drastically off-topic in the last couple of pages. I am cleaning the thread from the majority of the off-topic posts and closing it, since it is pretty much exhausted. I would advise all forum members to avoid turning the forum into a chat room, please use instant messaging tools like IRC, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, Skype or others that were specifically designed for the purpose. If you feel that you absolutely cannot resist the urge to chat, please start a new thread in the General Chat section of the forum, instead. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X