PHP Script Sending Mail Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Script Sending Mail Problems

This is really a solution but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem using the php mail function.

I was having trouble with scripts sending emails to Hotmail accounts and a few others. After a bit of investigating it turned out to be an issue with SPF, or the lack of it, I had never set mine up, so I input the settings, enabled it and now my emails get to the Hotmail accounts no more bounced or rejected ones. Remember to set the Hosts to your mail server address, not your domain address.

Hope that provides a little help for someone who was having the same problem.

Glad you were able to work out your answer. Sorry I was not able to provide you with the information you wanted. Yet, I'm glad overall that you were able to figure it out.

Comment

The Loon, several of the major e-mail service providers like Hotmail currently check for SPF record presence and reject mail messages, if such record is not found or does not match. I think Yahoo! and AOL make such checks as well.

Comment

Yea, you need to check your SPF records with AOL as I was told by some of your staff that email sent to my AOL account is getting bounced back to you guys.

Comment

That explains why I keep getting filtered by peoples spam guards.

Comment

Yea. Sorry I wasn't clear about that by my last post I mean "you" as in RSP. As your staff said when they email me it bounces.

Comment

Working...
            X