Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Need some advice on web design - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on web design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice on web design

Hi all!

Im am planning on designing my own site so that i can get away from using the standard RSP templates as so many people use them.

What i was wondering is- what would i use to design it?

Im don't know much html or php etc. but i am willing to learn as i go along. I've heard that some people have used Joomla and so on, but what in your opnion would be the best way to go for someone without much website design knowledge?

I never really used nor needed jamoola. I found Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft Frontpage to be the best way to design a site without knowing alot of HTML. I used Dreamweaver to make mine.

Best of luck,

Regards,

Comment

Macromedia Dreamweaver is an excellent web design tool, but it as well as Microsoft FrontPage caries a serious price tag.

NVU and PSPad are excellent free alternative web design/web development tools.

Comment

Daniel Im an admirer of your webdesign skills, considering the fact that Im a bit into webdesign myself altough Im not as good.

If you have any tips for me, id appreciate them.

Im looking to design it myself as well but put both template and hosting resellers.

Comment

I have actually used a template, although put quite a few hours into editing and customizing it to suit my reseller business.

p.s. I did not use the API though, I found no need for it.

Best Regards,
          Last edited by Guest; 17-04-2007, 07:20 PM. Reason: I sent the pm to someone else, regarding the same topic.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Im suprised they were suggested to be honest lol. I thought people were using more in depth systems.

Thankfully my sister has dreamweaver from when she did a department addon for her wrok intranet site, so i'll pester her to see if i can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              I have actually used a template, although put quite a few hours into editing and customizing it to suit my reseller business. I sent you a pm,

p.s. I did not use the API though, I found no need for it.

Best Regards,
              I see.
              I dont have a pm from you. try resending it.

Other than that im probably gonna take a template for both sites and use them separately.. eventhough im still a bit confused on what I want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedo View Post
                I see.
                I dont have a pm from you. try resending it.

Other than that im probably gonna take a template for both sites and use them separately.. eventhough im still a bit confused on what I want to do.
                Hey,

Well if you need help with the template and incorporating it with RSP (ResellersPanel) then let me know anytime. Send me a pm if you have any questions.

Regards,

Comment

Try using website baker. Its a lot easier to set up that joomla for novices. Id manually set it up than use Elefante. Elefante is not up to date.
                  http://www.websitebaker.org

Comment

Working...
                  X