Smtp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smtp

Hey I'm needing some help with sending mail.

My ISP block port 25, and I cannot send email via that SMTP server or another SMTP I have using a different email address.

Which means I can't send email from my RSP account via an SMTP server I have, as RSP don't allow SMTP on port 26.

Does anyone know of a free open SMTP server I could use (that isn't black listed)? I'm a bit stuck and can't reply to a client of one of my website.

Leigh

You may be best to bring it up with RSP, as I know many ISPs that block port 25. They can probably help you out from there or wait for an administrator to reply here.

Comment

Nah, they said its a security risk to allow SMTP through port 26. And they could only suggest me talking to my ISP. Which I understand. I'm just hoping I can find a solution.

Comment

Kalin and Milan I think this isn't that great as many ISPs and other email services offer 26 as 25 is sometimes blocked due to unknown spam and such. ISPs don't usually listen to one customer unless you take it up with the management team which I do sometimes but I think it would be a great option to implement as many ISPs don't allow 25.

Comment

If your ISP is blocking port 25 then that means you will have to use your ISP's mail server for all your outgoing mail. Once you have change your SMTP host in your mail client it will still allow you to send mail that looks liike it came from your host email. When you write an email to someone your email client *should* have a feild to put in an email address of you want it to look like it's from. If you need more help or don't understand just PM me.

Comment

syownet, if your ISP blocks this port, they should provide you with an alternative way to send outgoing e-mail, for instance by providing their own SMTP server, like Ashuva pointed out, since e-mail is an essential part of the Internet access service, the ISPs are supposed to provide. Alternatively, you can use webmail to reply to the e-mail messages that you receive.

TylerGillen, port 25 is the standard port through which the SMTP service is provided, if an ISP blocks this port or uses a non-standard port for the service, this is a problem of the ISP, not Resellers Panel.

Comment

Mk, thanks.

Comment

Yes port 25 is the standard. But many hosting services allow SMTP also on port 26 because 25 is usually blocked. I have hosting with ResellerZoom and they allow it on port 26 as well as 25. Please consider allowing it on both.

Comment

Yea, I think it would be nice. I'm not sure if my ISP now has it blocked but I know my past one did and many people I know have it blocked from other ISPs.

Comment

My isp left most ports open, so I could run a web server, mail server and mySQL server with no problems, but then they started to check open ports and usages, I recieved an email from them asking me to ensure mail can't be relayed through my mail server and that they would preform regular checks on port 25 to make sure, which my mail server logs did show they did.

I used to use ArGoSoft Mail Server you can chose the SMTP port.

Comment

Working...
                    X