Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup help

Hi,

Does anyone know of a PHP program or something I can put on my hosting account, that will generate a .zip backup of my entire website, my mysql databases and my email? Then email that somewhere?

Thanks,
    Leigh

I personally do not but if you open a ticket they can create one and send one to you.

Comment

No they can't. I talked to tech support about that. They said they cannot do that. They can only provide past backups they created.

Either way, I am looking for an automated (initiated via a cronjob) backup script, that is customizable via a web gui. I need it to run once a week automatically.

Comment

That seems like the script would get pretty technical, it probably would use a little CPU usage than what most scripts do.

Comment

Yes it would be CPU intensive, for a very short time though, and would be executed very rarely.

Many standard websites have scripts that do this type of thing, and it does not affect performance of the server.

I'm having trouble finding one thats easy to use.

Comment

I'll ask some of my friends who script if they know of any. Then I will post back with what I have found.

Comment

Mambo Explorer I think used to, Im sure there must be a stand-alone version that it was based on also invision board, I'm sure they used to have a stand alone file managment program that used to backup your site, I'll go and check.

The Invision Power File Manager is no longer, but can be downloaded from this info page http://www.rebelinblue.com/?fm
              Last edited by The Loon; 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by TylerGillen View Post
                  Thanks for the link!
                  Can't be sure if they offer ziped back-up but I think they did

Comment

Yea, it's alright. Thanks for the link either way, I was wondering where the file could be downloaded.

Comment

I have managed to figure out how to create a zip of MySQL database, and of the website files. So I no longer require a script to do that, however I am now attempting to figure out how to email the zips offsite.

The servers do not have 'mutt', 'uuencode', or 'mail'. Only 'sendmail'. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to send the attachments? Seeing as sendmail doesn't do attachments.

Comment

Working...
                      X