Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API or not to API?

Hey everyone.

I'm wanting to create a custom design for my site. By doing so, I want to add in forms to order and all the other forms that the template offers, but I want to do it with the theme of my site and also add in more options, like more than 2 plans displayed on the front page. Is that possible?

Do I need to use the API? I'm not really sure what all it is used for. Also I see it needs to tie into the Wallet, why is that?

Can anyone let me know the advantages/disadvantages of using the API and if I really need to for my site.

Thanks
    Last edited by Milen; 30-07-2007, 08:47 PM.

I use the API for the content of the hosting packages and the domain search but still use the remote sign up form for the fraud protection.

With the new introduction of having access to the css file for the sign-up form it makes it even easier to intergrate it into you custom site.

It's connection to your wallet is that you have to have money in it in order for you customers to buy a hosting package from you, but you get the profit there and then, instead of waiting for the next pay out period be for you see it.

One last thing, if you have a very limited knowlage of php, I would stay away from the API as it's not plug and play.

Comment

Thanks loon.

You for some good tips.

Comment

Working...
      X