RSP VPS/Dedicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP VPS/Dedicated

I wasn't really sure where this should go so I just posted it here.

I am considering buying either a VPS or Dedicated Server from RSP. First, however, I have a couple questions.

1) I saw that they have cPanel but do they also have WHM? I know these normaly go hand in hand but I am not sure of the level of access I would have.

2) This isn't really a question I just wanted to know what people thought of these two services. I will take PMs to answer this if you don't want to review RSP on their own forum. I have found that the servers for the Reseller Hosting are pretty good but I haven't experienced the dedicated servers for myself.

Chris

Originally posted by YWS View Post
    1) I saw that they have cPanel but do they also have WHM? I know these normaly go hand in hand but I am not sure of the level of access I would have.
    Yes, the dedicated servers that are ordered with cPanel include WHM as well. Please, have in mind that the dedicated servers are offered without a control panel by default. A cPanel license costs additional $30USD per month per dedicated server. Also, please have in mind that the default dedicated server offers that we provide are unmanaged. Optional managed services packages are available from $25USD to $75USD per server per month.

Comment

How is the managed server price made up. By time or what work you do.

Comment

The managed service packets include a specific number of hours of pre-defined administrative tasks. Details of how many hours and what tasks are included in the managed service packets are available here. Additional hours of administrative work, as well as tasks requested by the client, but not covered by the managed service packages are charged separately.

Comment

One more question, can I make accounts with RSP's control panel? If so, can I use RSP's ticket support crew to provide support for your CP?

Comment

YWS, I am not sure that completely I understand what you mean.

Technical support for resellers who have purchased a VPS or a dedicated server is available through a ticketing system in their billing account with us (which is a completely separate ticketing system that the one available in the control panel of the free reseller accounts) and by e-mail. If the reseller decides to resell hosting space on a VPS account or a dedicated server the reseller has ordered from us, it is responsibility of the reseller to provide the technical support for his/her end customers.

Our proprietary web hosting control panel is not available with VPS accounts. Dedicated servers can be ordered with our proprietary web hosting control panel. However, in this case the reseller cannot create and resell hosting packages on the server. There is no WHM equivalent for our proprietary web hosting control panel and in case that a dedicated server is ordered with it, no root server access is provided to the reseller either.

Comment

Thanks Milen,
              I was asking if there was a WHM equivalent for RSP's CP; and, if so, if RSP would provide support to the resold accounts (I doubt any outsourced support would provide support for a custom CP and I can't afford to hire my own support staff presently). Sorry that I was a little unclear of my meaning, I was in a bit of a hurry. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.
              -Chris

Comment

There is no such thing as an alternative of teh WHM for RSP CP. If you purchase a dedicated server or a semi-dedicated server with our CP you will be actually managing everything from a single hosting account (which of course has the parameters of the server).

As to support for your customers, if you are using a dedicated server (or VPS), we do not offer such service.

Comment

Thanks, Oliver. I had pretty much figured that out from what Milen posted, but thank you anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X