Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Advertising - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising

Im trying to get a good Weblink direcotry up and running, to help web hosts and people like us that need to advertise. To increase your traffic please help us to build our site.

Good Luck in the Future

Cool website! Good Job!

Comment

Thanks FitzPatrick

Comment

Done...Thanks may your site be a success for you!

Comment

Thanks dude, hope the site help you

Comment

Originally posted by MCooper930
            Im trying to get a good Weblink direcotry up and running, to help web hosts and people like us that need to advertise. To increase your traffic please help us to build our site.

Good Luck in the Future
            Interesting idea.... However, I'm curious how this will help anyone but the owner of those googleads on the site.

Since there is no explanation on your site as to the benefits, can you fill us in here?

At present it looks like a place where the owner makes some $ for everything we click on. Doesn't look like a place I'd get any prospective clients from... In fact, it would seem at a glance that I'd be competing with everyone else on there.

Like I said... Interesting. But what is the benefit for us to participate, MCooper930?

Comment

My aim is to use the google ads to support the running of the site due to the fact that I have no income, I have had google ads running for six months and only made $23

If you list your site with DrLister because of the ammount of bots that get attracted to my site through the google ads it will also index your url and company explanation on the top search engines giving you a greater listing.

Also, the site will be a resource for people that want to find quality sites (like yourselves)

Im not asking for people to click on the Google Ads, im not charging anyone but Google. This is a free business venture. Im sorry if you do not like the Google ads.

I just hope it will help people bring more traffic to their site as i have had the same problem in my own ventures. At the end of the day, it could bring you hits for free. Any advertising is better than no Advertising.

Thankyou for your views on my site.

Comment

Hello, A little info from the google site
                Google Facts & Fiction
                Fiction: Joining a link exchange or "free-for-all" link program will boost my rankings.
                Fact: Linking schemes do not increase a given site's PageRank, and will often do a site more harm than good. Many sites that advertise link-sharing programs not only offer little value, but will distribute your email address without your permission, resulting in an increased volume of unwanted mail to you.
                ~~~~
                If you were to put your link on a page with good content that already has a high rank, then it may help your rankings.

Comment

Ok, Im all very sorry for helping

Comment

OH No,, I didn't mean to upset you. Your help and suggestions are always welcome.
                    If you were to put a paragraph or two on the page, that would add more content,, such as a "what to look for in a hosting company" or something that is related to selecting or finding a good host. You would have a higher ranking page. The content should support the amount of links on the page..The more links the more content.

From experience, I have learned the only true way to get a good ranking and stay there is to have content.

I do use a few directories myself.
                    P.S. It is a good looking page!
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2005, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCooper930
                      Ok, Im all very sorry for helping
                      Hey, hey. Don't go getting your undies in a twist.

You posted a new directory site plastered with googleads and no content or real explanation. So asking you to expand on what the site's intent was is a good question.

If I were a visitor of your site from a search engine how would I know what the heck it's about?

Google bots work (and are constantly being tweaked to work) like a person reads. It looks for title and content and keywords. Title and Content are the trick with google, however.

However..... I have a client that runs google ads. He pulls in over $150 every two months with them. Look here: www.silentlightning.net.
                      Notice all his content? THAT is what gets google ads to work. Just throwing them up won't get you anything. They are geared on your CONTENT.

I personally don't want to be listed in a directory with 20 other RSP persons that can constantly meet me or beat me in pricing and have the EXACT same services. Now that's just me. What it will eventually boil down to would be who is willing to take the least profit and who has a prettier site.
                      No thanks. I'd prefer to use each of you as a resource and peer reference than directly compete with you for clients.

I think your directory idea is a good one if you'll go about it a bit diff.

Additionally..... I'd go and get lots of code tips or script tips or reviews on website design software or whatever else you think a person looking to make a website might be looking for and post it on your site as additional content. Maybe articles in a menu on the side, etc. and announced in news postings in the main body?...

Then the search engines pick it up.... the little guys/gals trying to make a website on their geocities (or whatever other setup) find you... see your deals or your directory of hosters.... perhaps sign up.... and are at least exposed to google ads that are relevant to what they are search for. Hell, why don't you have everyone that wants to be listed on your page simply let you resell their services?!?!
                      THERE is a money idea, IMHO. But... I could be wrong.
                      If you cleaned that site up and gave it some content, I'd sign you under my reseller account and when they came from your site to mine, you'd get the $'s and I get a shave of it. WIN-WIN.

I'm getting exposure on a CONTENT driven site and it's only costing me a % of the profit of those that sign up for my services through it.
                      Someone wants additional exposure, you can get into banner sales and start peeling back the google ads, etc. etc. etc.

Again... Just a thought.

Comment

I was not aware that the Google Adsense bot did no more than what resellersreseller had said in his post. That bot is different from the bot that actually crawls your site for inclusion in the directory. All it does is crawl your site in seach of content so that it has something to display in your adsense ad box.

Comment

A little clarification...

Originally posted by wsxhosting
                          All it does is crawl your site in seach of content so that it has something to display in your adsense ad box.
                          Yups. You got it.

Maybe this will help a bit:

Googlebot
                          Googlebot is the web crawler which Google uses to find web pages on the Internet.
                          It's referrer tag that looks like this:
                          Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)

AdSense Googlebot
                          The Google AdSense bot is confusingly named and therefore causes frequent confusion as webmasters mistake it for Googlebot.
                          The Google AdSense bot crawls web pages which contain Google AdSense advertisements, in order to determine what advertisements are most relevant for that page.
                          The Google AdSense bots referrer tag looks like this:
                          Mediapartners-Google/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)
                          Being visited by the Google AdSense bot will not get you into Google's search engine index

Ref: http://www.google.com/bot.html

Hope that helps.

Comment

My god!!

A gamers paradise, I'm in heaven! resellersreseller, that forum/webby by silentlightning.net is tight. Being a bit of a Nethead & Gamer myself, there's so much to do and see in there, I almost went into sensory overload. The same feeling one gets when you have your enemy in the crosshairs from a well camouflaged spot yet he's aware he's being watched but knows not where the sniper lurks. I'll be adding that puppy to my bookmarks for a indepth healthly peek later.

Originally posted by resellersreseller
                            Hey, hey. Don't go getting your undies in a twist.

You posted a new directory site plastered with googleads and no content or real explanation. So asking you to expand on what the site's intent was is a good question.

If I were a visitor of your site from a search engine how would I know what the heck it's about?

Google bots work (and are constantly being tweaked to work) like a person reads. It looks for title and content and keywords. Title and Content are the trick with google, however.

However..... I have a client that runs google ads. He pulls in over $150 every two months with them. Look here: www.silentlightning.net.
                            Notice all his content? THAT is what gets google ads to work. Just throwing them up won't get you anything. They are geared on your CONTENT.

I personally don't want to be listed in a directory with 20 other RSP persons that can constantly meet me or beat me in pricing and have the EXACT same services. Now that's just me. What it will eventually boil down to would be who is willing to take the least profit and who has a prettier site.
                            No thanks. I'd prefer to use each of you as a resource and peer reference than directly compete with you for clients.

I think your directory idea is a good one if you'll go about it a bit diff.

Additionally..... I'd go and get lots of code tips or script tips or reviews on website design software or whatever else you think a person looking to make a website might be looking for and post it on your site as additional content. Maybe articles in a menu on the side, etc. and announced in news postings in the main body?...

Then the search engines pick it up.... the little guys/gals trying to make a website on their geocities (or whatever other setup) find you... see your deals or your directory of hosters.... perhaps sign up.... and are at least exposed to google ads that are relevant to what they are search for. Hell, why don't you have everyone that wants to be listed on your page simply let you resell their services?!?!
                            THERE is a money idea, IMHO. But... I could be wrong.
                            If you cleaned that site up and gave it some content, I'd sign you under my reseller account and when they came from your site to mine, you'd get the $'s and I get a shave of it. WIN-WIN.

I'm getting exposure on a CONTENT driven site and it's only costing me a % of the profit of those that sign up for my services through it.
                            Someone wants additional exposure, you can get into banner sales and start peeling back the google ads, etc. etc. etc.

Again... Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Netzkep
                              My god!!

A gamers paradise, I'm in heaven! resellersreseller, that forum/webby by silentlightning.net is tight.
                              ROFL. I was actually talking to him when I read your post.
                              He told me to tell you to be sure to register and take advantage of his TeamSpeak server. They game heavily on Fri, Sat, and especially Sunday nights.

It's funny, most of their players are from 18-55yrs old.

Enjoy and help make him some money with clicks. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X