Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto update plan details

Hi all
    I'm currently selling RSP hosting through my own website. I'd like to find a way to reliably get the data for each plan (disk space, monthly transfer etc) and update my website automatically, so whenever RSP update their plans, mine updates too.
    I currently use a "screen-sc****" application I built myself, which "reads" through the plan comparison page, extracts the data and updates my database. However, every time RSP make a change to their webpage (such as when they added the enterprise plan) I have to rebuild my application to tell it which cells the data is now in. If I don't notice the page has changed I end up with the wrong data in my database!
    It would be nice if RSP had an api for this, but as far as I'm aware they don't. Has anyone else looked at this and come up with a better way?

Cheers

Yes, RSP has an API Solution.

Comment

I use 2 methods, the API for plan details and my own script that strips the prices from the sign up form and converts them to an image to display UK prices.

I have had to alter the script that gets the prices a few times, but that was no hard ship really as it is never that much work (apart from when the new order form was introduced).

The API always keeps the plan details up to date and never had to make any changes to it.

I also use the API to search for domain names.

Comment

Sounds like you're using a similar method to me for the prices. I never thought of doing it from the sign up form though, that could prove more reliable than my method, I'll give it a try.
        I didn't realise the api could be used to get plan details, I thought it was just for placing orders (is it the same api or is there a different one I missed?), I'll have to look at it more closely.

That's really usefull info "The Loon", thanks mate.

Comment

The API isn't available at the moment, but if you downloaded it before, yes its the same one. I use the API to display the package details but the sign up link sends you to the remote sign up form integrated in to my site.

Comment

Originally posted by The Loon View Post
            The API isn't available at the moment, but if you downloaded it before, yes its the same one. I use the API to display the package details but the sign up link sends you to the remote sign up form integrated in to my site.
            I really hope to have the API, but RSP says it will not be available yet...

Comment

Working...
            X