Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring plans using Plan Builder

Hi,

I would like to configure a plan for my own hosting website using the plan builder.

Normally how should I configure it? Eg. the data space that I really need, bandwidth, hosted domain, subdomains, etc..

What about mailing list, MySQL, FTP, CronJob, IP Addresses, SSH, SiteStudio? What are they for and how much do I really need?

I would like to save cost on this as I don't want unnecessary stuff. What you guys think generally?
    Yes, my own site.
    50.00%
    No, RSP's template.
    50.00%
    I use another host.
    0.00%
    Don't know/Not applicable/Others.
    0.00%

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
    What about mailing list, MySQL, FTP, CronJob, IP Addresses, SSH, SiteStudio? What are they for and how much do I really need?
    If your asking a question like this you should try to swat up on these.

You don't really need a mailing list, unless you intend to get people to sign up for a newsletter or something like that.

MySQL is only needed if your site or something in your site requires a data base.

FTP is needed to upload thing to your account like web pages and images.

CronJob's are used to preform a task at a regular interval like the running of a script.

Dedicated IP Address is only really needed if you have an SSL certificate.

SSH (Secure Shell) is a protocol for creating a secure connection between two computers.

SiteStudio is used for building a website using predefined templates.

Comment

Originally posted by The Loon View Post
      MySQL is only needed if your site or something in your site requires a data base.

CronJob's are used to preform a task at a regular interval like the running of a script.

SSH (Secure Shell) is a protocol for creating a secure connection between two computers.

SiteStudio is used for building a website using predefined templates.
      Thanks.

For MySQL, do you mean to say that I will only need it if I have a login page or something?

What scripts needs CronJobs? Even OsCommerce all those.

So SSH is not really needed for a normal web host's website?

Are SiteStudio's template professional?

Comment

For MySQL, do you mean to say that I will only need it if I have a login page or something?
        Not necessarily but some mail programmes, CMS or link scripts use them.

What scripts needs CronJobs? Even OsCommerce all those.
        Some link script use CronJobs to make sure receprical links are still valid on a daily or weekly bases, there is a whole range of reasons for using CronJob's. OsCommerce doesn't use then though but douse use MySQL.

So SSH is not really needed for a normal web host's website?
        I have never had the need to use it, I would leave this out of a custom plane so a user could upgrade if it's needed.

Are SiteStudio's template professional?
        There is a demo that you can view in the RSP template sites, in my opinion the sites made from these do look good.

Comment

Working...
        X