Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Web-based Email... - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web-based Email...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web-based Email...

Alright.... I hate it.

There... Now that that is out of the way.

I get complaints from my clients that it won't display in HTML unless they hit the view/download links at the bottom or if it does it's all double spaced.
    Additionally, the time zones are not adjustable (VERY bad, IMO).

Now I don't mind having to tell the clients how to create SENT and DRAFT folders and enabling them (another thing that should be a standard on install, I think) but the time zone issue is ******* some of them off.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a way to tweak that webmail to display the HTML mail by default or adjust the time zones that I'm missing?
    Hell, it's not even the time zone that our sites are hosted!
    Last edited by Guest; 14-03-2005, 05:29 PM.

I agree, the webmail interface needs a lot of work. I would also like to see the ability to change your password from within the webmail panel. This would allow us to give an email to someone and they feel like it is private. This has been discussed before but we never got a definite response whether it would be implemented.

As for the HTML problem, you can have HTML shown by default, just click the checkbox in the Options page that says: "Display HTML parts by default:"

I just tested it, my HTML emails show up without having to click the download button. Although the individual images still don't get shown unless you click the download text.

I also hope the webmail interface gets worked on in the near future.

Comment

I'll have to take a closer look at it.
      For some reason everything is double spaced when in html view.

But that timezone thing is a no-brainer. This is the first webmail I've ever seen that (unless disabled by admin) wouldn't let the users adjust the timezone.

Comment

I just started fooling with it. And I agree, it needs work.

I wonder if they would install another webmail option for us to use like @webmail or squirrelmail(I think that's the name).

Comment

I don't know.

I do know that it does not consistantly display html emails and reallllly needs a time zone fix as well as several other small changes. The time zone issue is one I've heard a complaint about from every customer so far.

RSP, jump in here? Is this homegrown or is this software you've purchase a license for use on the servers? Hard to believe that any licensed software purchased wouldn't have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxp
            I just started fooling with it. And I agree, it needs work.

I wonder if they would install another webmail option for us to use like @webmail or squirrelmail(I think that's the name).
            Hmmm, I actually like the looks of SquirrelMail. However, I was looking at partnering with a VISP provider who used SquirrelMail and when I asked around about it (other webhosts and ISPs), I got negative feedback. They made it seem as though it contains a lot of bugs.

I've never used it personally though, so I can't say for sure - just wanted to throw in my two cents, for what it's worth!

Comment

Horde might be another option.

From my paid reselling which uses cPanel, there are three to choose from.... Squirrel, Horde, and something else. I've used Squirel and Horde a little, and think I loke Horde better... seems very robust.

However, I pull everything into Outlook from my other hosting, so emails haven't ever been an issue for me.

But, if I start putting clients on here and if the web based mail is something they want, I'd be concerned about this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
                Hmmm, I actually like the looks of SquirrelMail. However, I was looking at partnering with a VISP provider who used SquirrelMail and when I asked around about it (other webhosts and ISPs), I got negative feedback. They made it seem as though it contains a lot of bugs.

I've never used it personally though, so I can't say for sure - just wanted to throw in my two cents, for what it's worth!
                I've heard the same sort of thing about squirrel. The only plus side to it, however, is that there seem to be lots of plugins for CMS based sites to incorp it within the site for users.

Comment

Originally posted by identity
                  Horde might be another option.

From my paid reselling which uses cPanel, there are three to choose from.... Squirrel, Horde, and something else. I've used Squirel and Horde a little, and think I loke Horde better... seems very robust.

However, I pull everything into Outlook from my other hosting, so emails haven't ever been an issue for me.

But, if I start putting clients on here and if the web based mail is something they want, I'd be concerned about this as well.
                  We've used horde for the last year. The only real complaint we had from the users was the password administration and the fact that timezones were not listed correctly. They made you choose a country rather than the zones (and some location's zones were missing.)

Comment

Squirel mail is a good e-mail system be nicer if that was implemented over the other one

Comment

I never used squirrelmail before. I was just setting an example. I did a quick search and yes, I see all the bugs that people post about it. If it's free, there are bound to be bugs.

Anyway, I guess a lot of people agree that there should be some other alternative webmail options than what is currently offered.

Comment

Basic Email Accounts

SquirrelMail email boxes are about as basic as you can get. Plus, for the most part in my understanding, they are quick and easy to run, from the planning and integration stages on a server. True, some folks may want a more robust form of email capability, but this will probably run up a cost per use effect eventually.

Just my on the issue.

Comment

Yes, I am agree that Supre WebMail needs more improvment..

Comment

I've been using roundcube http://www.roundcube.net/ very nice feel to it, simple drag and drop functions to move mail to folders, doesn't look too bad either. took five minuets to configuer and there are plenty of plugins to use if you need additions to your web mail. the client that complained about Hord was very happy with this webmail.

Comment

Working...
                            X