macromedia Flash Communications Server / AMFPHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromedia Flash Communications Server / AMFPHP

Hi, I'm a reseller of the free and cPanel hosting. I have a client asking if it is possible to install macromedia Flash Communications Server or AMFPHP on our hosting (cpanel and the free reseller). Is it possible to install these to our hosting and does anyone have any experience installing these?

on a shared hosting?.. i would say no.. but on a dedicated server maybe...

Comment

ebobro, nitecrawler is right Macromedia Flash Communications Server/Adobe Flash Media Server cannot be installed on a shared hosting server.
      It could be installed on a dedicated server, but the whole operation would be quite expensive. The client needs to obtain an Adobe Flash Media Server license and they start at $995USD and go up to $4,500USD depending on the type of the server. The client also has to obtain a Red Hat Linux license, because Red Hat is a commercial Linux distribution. Further, the client should order a pretty high specification dedicated server due to the high hardware requirements of the Adobe Flash Media Server. Last, but not the least the client would have to pay an additional amount in system installation fees since this would be a highly customized server install.

Comment

Amfphp

Thanks for clearing that to me, how about the AMFPHP? I believe AMFPHP is open source. Can this be installed on our hosting (cPanel or the free reseller)? Can this function without the "Macromedia Flash Communications Server"?

Below is my client inquiry, I hope you can suggest something. Thanks

"Hi my client requested me to develop him a customized chat application and since I developed his site in a flash environment I need to do the chat application using flash. I wish to inquire if your servers supports the installation of the macromedia Flash Communications Server or the AMFPHP application or Flash XML sockets via tcp/ip?"

Comment

ebobro, according to one of our system administrators a server-wide install of AMFPHP is not necessary. The client can install AMFPHP into their own web hosting account.

Comment

Working...
          X