setting up a mailing list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a mailing list

One of my clients wants to send out reminders every month or so.
    What is a good program that we already have on the server to do that? I am thinking that I could put the names on mySQL and use some program to access the data to mail out the reminders. We are talking about around 300 people.

Fred

Originally posted by fschutzman View Post
    One of my clients wants to send out reminders every month or so.
    What is a good program that we already have on the server to do that? I am thinking that I could put the names on mySQL and use some program to access the data to mail out the reminders. We are talking about around 300 people.

Fred
    Each hosting account comes with mailing lists. Access it from the control panel.

Comment

accessing mailing list

I feel stupid when I ask these questions but since I made a mailing list,how do I import a list from a text file or excel. In other words, how do I add email names to the mailing list. It looks like all I can from the cpanel is create a mailing list and change the password. What I want to do is import a list of the members of an organization and occasionally send them email alerts.

Fred

Comment

Hi, there are a couple good video tuturials in the CP of our client's accounts. They show you how to set up a mail list. After it is set up there will be options for you to edit it. Then you just copy and paste your list from the text doc and you're done!!!

Comment

how do you add to mailing list

Ok, I watched the tutorial and made a mailing list, but when I click on edit, all I can do is change the admin password. How do I get to the part where I add names and can type a message to send out to all the people on my list? I don't see anything that lets me do that.

Comment

fschutzman, check the FAQ in the Help Center section of your web hosting control panel. There are examples that explain how to subscribe to a mailing list and send email to mailing list subscribers. However, a client cannot add a batch of email addresses to a mailing list. This is done to prevent abuse. If you want a batch of email addresses added to a mailing list, you could open a support ticket about it. Provide the emails that you want to add to the list and our system administrators should be able to import the list for you.

Comment

you may also try pommo- poMMo is versatile mass mailing software. It can be used to add a mailing list to your Web site or to organize stand alone mailings. Unique Features such as the ability to mail subsets of your subscribers set it apart from alternatives. its FREE as well.. goodluck

Comment

Hello Friends........

To use your mail account as a mailing list

1.On your Home page, click mail group in the tools group.

2.Click Add new member

3.Type the e-mail address you need.

4.Click ok

5.Repeat the steps from 2 to 4 to add as many e-mail addresses as needed.

6.Click enable in the tools group

Thanks

Comment

setting up a mailing list

I am currently using the mailing list provided by 1&1, emails sent from the list have their reply-to header as the mailing list address instead of the original sender.

How and where in the 1&1 control panel can I changed the option to not munge the mailing list reply-to header?
                  Or is this function not available in the control panel? If so, is there another way to change the majordomo setting?

Also does the mailing list have a digest option?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X