New Site - Ambient Web Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site - Ambient Web Hosting

Hello. I'm a web developer, and I was commissioned by a client to design for a web hosting website. I figured I would come here and get some opinions from other resellers using the same service my client is using (aka the Reseller Panel).

The site is located at http://ambhst.site88.net (403 URL redirect - these forums are censoring one of the words in the .net URL - and in the site's name too).

Suggestions for the design, questions, etc, are welcome! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Milen; 06-06-2008, 05:06 PM.

IMO - I would use more color - gray is so ..... dull.

Comment

Looks good, simple, direct, computery look to it, very easy to find information, very readable.
      I'm using FF3RC2 on Mac OS X and it looks like there are gaps between the images at the top in the header that don't look like they should be here.

Only thing I'd suggest is the 2nd menu, make the buttons look different to the buttons in the top menu, otherwise good work.

Leigh

Comment

Hi, IMHO hehe, I think you should use more color, and a background of some sort.

Comment

alittle bland for my liking very dated wit the over use of tables instead off CSS and DIVs,

nothign really to catch the eye just text! is nice to see someone trying to do their own site though

Comment

I disagree with the comment regarding being 'dated' due to the use of tables. Tables are still a completely valid technology in the HTML/CSS world, and while CSS has introduced new ways of doing something, it is a misconception that tables are now obsolete. They are a vital HTML tool, and you cannot replicate all table behaviors with just CSS.

Comment

I would also agree. There is nothing dated about using tables, if it were a dated method, then it wouldn't be W3C compliant - which it is (save a few errors generated by the login script provided by RP). Most people who nay-say tables don't really understand how to code a complicated layout. Divs work fine for simple blogs, but when you're dealing with a layout with different content areas where text is wrapped by images, it's often more productive to use tables, especially when each piece of the layout has to be in an exact position. But thanks for the input all the same!

Comment

Originally posted by univoxdesigns View Post
                I would also agree. There is nothing dated about using tables, if it were a dated method, then it wouldn't be W3C compliant - which it is (save a few errors generated by the login script provided by RP). Most people who nay-say tables don't really understand how to code a complicated layout. Divs work fine for simple blogs, but when you're dealing with a layout with different content areas where text is wrapped by images, it's often more productive to use tables, especially when each piece of the layout has to be in an exact position. But thanks for the input all the same!
                i wouldnt agree with this, you can do everything you can with tables with DIVs wrap text around images and nest divs within divs etc..

still it is nice to see a proper site instead of a RSP template

Comment

Working...
                X