WARNING. Domain name theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING. Domain name theft

Hi, this is to warn everyone that I have recieved two renewal letters from two different companies asking my clients to renew their domain names with them. The letter/form looks like an official notification for expiration notice. One of my client almost got done. Good job he checked with me first before posting the cheque! Please warn your clients not to send in any money to them.

Can you please post the letter here in order to better warn our customers? Or by PM if you like.

I would like to put out a warning against it at our website and it would help to have the actual letter to refer to.

Thanks..

Comment

I have gotten numerous letters myself. In fact I just threw one in the trash yesterday after tearing it up. I believe it came from some outfit that called itself "Domain Registration" or something like that. Next time I get one, and I get them regularly, I'll post it. They offer what they claim is discounted renewal rate, at $30.00 annually, Ha!

Comment

Hi, that is an old scam.
        10 years ago, it almost got me
        The only thing to do, is tell your clients, to be aware there are scammers out there and if they ever get an e-mail from you they should call you on the telephone to confirm it came from you before sending money!

Comment

I also got one in the mail yesterday. The funny thing is before I threw it away the expiration date was off by a year. They said my domain was going to expire in 5 days. I wish I would not have thrown it away so I could have posted it on the forums and told resellerpanel. Also to contact that company about their scam and maybe report. The bad thing is our customers get those to and they might renew their domain without ever knowing it. But see how could they renew it under a different company. Would they need to transfer the domain?

Comment

Originally posted by cheatfusion View Post
            But see how could they renew it under a different company. Would they need to transfer the domain?
            Exactly, the goal of such scams is to lure the client to transfer their domain to another registrar under the pretense of "renewing" of the domain.

Comment

Working...
            X