Get me your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get me your opinions

I am working on a new site for my company. This has been a work in progress and has took me over 2 months due to my job. So not sure how well it looks. Most was done late at night with less that 2 hours of sleep. LOL

Let me know what you think. Its hosted on a free site right now so maybe it will be good enough for me to move it to my paid account.

Oh yeah here is the link <a href=http://fastlaneinc.hostrator.com/>Fast Lane Hosting</a>

Cannot remember is HTML works on the forums so just in case not here it is again.

Thanks,
    Justin
    President ~ Fast Lane Inc.

Very Nice. I like the color combinations.

Several suggestions:

1) Raise the text of the name up into the light gray area so that it is easier to see and read.

2) Remove the page that directs you to the "rsp" home page. I know you want that there to help sign up affiliates, but that announces to the world that they can get the same thing at a better price by signing up with rsp and not you. You can develop an additional website for affiliate marketing if you wish. Once you purchase a plan you will have plenty of space to do so.

3) Change the colors on the menu button "on click" to a brighter color that can be seen. Someone that wants to navigate back to a page that has been seen before really has to strain to read the buttons.

4) I prefer a centered page rather than full left. If you have a decent sized monitor you wind up with gobs of white space on the right.

5) I'm sure this is still a work in progress. More fill is needed on a few pages so that they take up more of the sreen. Right now they look like 4x6 cards. But all in all, I like what you have done.

Comment

site

I agree with it being centered. I am just working on the main layout as of right now. As for the RSP I was thinking the same thing. I mean heck thats why I am here now was cause a host had it on there site I am having a problem getting it to center. Any idea? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks for the reply though.

Also whats the most common screen resolution now. When I went threw computer school it was 800x640 but I know I use 1280x1024.

Thanks Again,
      Justin Lee

Comment

I use Dreamweaver and it is as simple as going to page properties and clicking center. If your coding just use the center tag. If your using a template look at your source and find the left tag and change to center.

As for resolution, I noticed that even RSP increased the page width in their new site. I was also using 800, but recently increased to around 1000 on my newer designs. I don't particularly like to use percentages because it affects my page layout at times with undesirable results.

I certainly am no expert though, I find that "The more I learn, the less I know"

Comment

if you are going for a fixed width site then try 960 width will fit perfcetly for browsers using 1024 x768 which is the minimum average now.

just add a div align=center around your whole site and also bring it maybe 15-20px off the top bar give th content space.

it all looks a little amatuer, no offence meant

also lose the iframe on your affilate page just take away the affiliate link you dont need it!

Comment

Try to pay it and choose the cheapest webhosting solution before to proceeding to a higher level and see how it goes. Also try SEO methods involved.

Comment

Justin, hows fastlane? your company?

Comment

Originally posted by janisjordan
                seen your website its really good
                your hard-work is really appreciative

Comment

But this site is not working on my browser,this is free hosting,you should convert it paid for looking more professional...

Comment

Working...
                  X