Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a take over!

Just had to share.

I recently shifted my focus... not much focus before, just make and see if it sails...

now trying more of a local market approach than competing with everyone, their brother, and their little dog too.

Last night I placed a listing in a director for webhosting under a local page, actually, the only one on there, but don't think they get much traffic so probably pointless

But today I got an email from another more local hosting company that essentially wants to acquire me! Main, I have to get some customers quick!!

and if that wasn't enough, I also posted my main company under design the night before... and just got an email that they are interested in presenting me with their offerings that my clients might be interested in!!

Hate to tell them, but the first one hasn't anything on the books, and the second one, makes too much profit to give up, besides! Either way, I've got hosting coverd on both sides.

Perhaps I'll see if they want to buy, and then start up another company for them to acquire

After all, that's where the real money is anyway!

Wow! Congratulations to you! $$$

LOL!

Whatever you decide, good luck! I'm guessing it must be nice when you get to the point where another company wants to buy you out! ($$$$$)

Comment

Well, not shopping for the Ferrari just yet!

Whatever they might be thinking, bet that number gets dropped quick w/o anything on the books!

And actually, I wouldn't even want to part w/ the domain as it plays into other names that I picked up... all part of a bigger picture... perhaps, just maybe... someday, if I can ever stop running in circles.

Maybe I can sign them up under me!

Comment

Maybe you'd be that perfect candidate for a FIAT. (Fix It Again Tony)
        That is until you can 'upgrade' later.

Originally posted by identity
        Well, not shopping for the Ferrari just yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Netzkep
          Maybe you'd be that perfect candidate for a FIAT. (Fix It Again Tony)
          That is until you can 'upgrade' later.
          Hey, be nice to Fiats. I'm nice to mine.

Comment

This thread actually got me thinking. (Not that I don't ever think, mind you! )

I occassionally hear from folks who are either webhosts themselves, or are brokers representing webhosts who would like to purchase other webhosts or hosting clients.

I'm not sure if any of them are interested in the affiliate sort of setup we've got here, but you never know.

Anyway, what I'm driving at is if any of you ever do reach the point where you'd like to sell out, I can probably hook you up with some folks who are interested. So, if you're ever interested, feel free to shoot me an email...it's in my sig.

Comment

I wouldn't mind selling out so I can get a real company that is not a resell company up! But I have no clients as of yet!

Comment

Here, right here on this forum, why are resellers still promoting themselves to other resellers?

It's kind of amusing to say the least.
                Yes, much amusement in the signatures of many current resellers. (and some not so current)

Comment

I get that asked to have my site bought out a lot. I own many local market related sites. Its funny most of the time they are looking to aquire your customers. (It's actually one of the quicker ways to grow is to aquire someone else.)

I've considered it before but when they findout I'm a reseller you can hear their voices crack. Sort of funny...

Comment

Originally posted by cltwebs
                    they are looking to aquire your customers. (It's actually one of the quicker ways to grow is to aquire someone else.)

bing bing bing bing bing.... we have a winner!

Absolutely. And if anyone is ever in that position to accept an offer, you need to remember what they are wanting... not your buisiness, your customers... otherwise, as a reseller, your business isn't worth much, other than perhaps your domain name.

But, keep it focused on your customers, now you have value. Or to get you out of an already crowded market place, but again you need to be driving enough business to be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by identity View Post
                      Absolutely. And if anyone is ever in that position to accept an offer, you need to remember what they are wanting... not your buisiness, your customers... otherwise, as a reseller, your business isn't worth much, other than perhaps your domain name.
                      ooh that's something

Comment

nice discussion....

Comment

Working...
                        X