WebMaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebMaster?

Some have requested that I look into a job about WebMaster. They say I would be reallly great there. But I'm not entirely sure what that is though one has slightly explained it.

Originally posted by watersmith View Post
    Some have requested that I look into a job about WebMaster. They say I would be reallly great there. But I'm not entirely sure what that is though one has slightly explained it.
    Webmaster
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Web master)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2007)
    Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

The webmaster (feminine: webmistress), also called the system administrator, the author, or the website administrator, is the person responsible for designing, developing, marketing, or maintaining a website.

Webmasters are practitioners of web communication. Typically, they are generalists with HTML expertise who manage all aspects of Web operations. On a smaller site, the webmaster will typically be the owner, developer and/or programmer, in addition to the author of the content.

On larger sites, the webmaster will act as a coordinator and overseer to the activities of other people working on the site and is usually an employee of the owner of the Web site, hence webmaster can also be listed as an occupation. If the webmaster is hired by a larger Web site, or promoted to the position, they could do things from web design, to project management, or employee supervision. The range of activities to be undertaken by a webmaster may be estimated using the concept of Website scale.

In the early days of the use of the term "webmaster" (a take-off on the term "postmaster", the administrator of an e-mail system), this role encompassed all aspects of planning, coding, production, and user interface. The webmaster may have many of the duties of an information architect, including ensuring site usability, user experience and menu taxonomy.

However, since the late 90s, this type of webmaster role was typically only found working on small Web sites that could be managed by one person, or in environments where there was not a great deal of role definition. The current model tends to be more team oriented with a website manager or online producer leading a team consisting of web developers, designers, programmers, QA lead, Adobe Flash developers and often at least one usability expert or a UI/UE team. In established web development companies, especially those existing since the 90s, the term webmaster may be used by senior officers of the company, and may include usage such as "Webmaster-in-chief."

A broader definition of webmaster is a businessperson who uses online media to sell products and/or services. This broader definition of webmaster covers not just the technical aspects of overseeing Web site construction and maintenance but also management of content, advertising, marketing and order fulfillment for the Web site.

Core responsibilities of the webmaster include the regulation and management of access rights of different users of a web site, the appearance and setting up web site navigation. Content placement can be part of a webmaster's responsibilities, while content creation is typically not.

Typically, the webmaster is the agent who reads user feedback and complaints about site functionality.

Comment

My advice to becoming a web master is that you always ask for the help of other webmasters and knowing very well the SEO procedures and terms.

Comment

Webmaster is also known as an architect, web developer, webmaster of the webmaster is responsible for maintaining the sites, commercial sites require sites that are not only beautiful to look at but easy to navigate, search, and where the retailers buy.

Comment

A Web master is given the name of the party responsible for the design and the maintaining of the coding and proper functioning of a Web site. Web master deal heavily with large amounts of E-mail, often relating to important Web or computer related questions.

Comment

Hear all information about web master are nice and impressive. As per my knowledge, A webmaster is the designation given to the person responsible for designing and maintaining the coding and proper functioning of a website.

Comment

Webmaster

A webmaster (from web and master ), also called a web architect, web developer, site author, website administrator, or webmistress for females, is a person responsible for maintaining one or many websites. The duties of the webmaster may include ensuring that the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately, designing the website, generating and revising web pages, replying to user comments, and examining traffic through the site. Webmasters "must also be well-versed in Web transaction software, payment-processing software, and security software."

Webmasters may be generalists with HTML expertise who manage most or all aspects of Web operations. Depending on the nature of the websites they manage, webmasters typically know scripting languages such as Javascript, PHP and Perl. They may also be required to know how to configure web servers such as Apache or IIS and serve as the server administrator.

An alternative definition of webmaster is a businessperson who uses online media to sell products and/or services. This broader definition of webmaster covers not just the technical aspects of overseeing Web site construction and maintenance but also management of content, advertising, marketing, and order fulfillment for the Web site.

Core responsibilities of the webmaster may include the regulation and management of access rights of different users of a website, the appearance and setting up website navigation. Content placement can be part of a webmaster's responsibilities, while content creation may not be.

Webmasters also heavily deal with high volumes of email, often related to important web or computer-related questions.

Comment

you can also search in Google about webmaster and then you wuold be in better position about it well, in webmaster job you have to do SEO mainly so you have to learn it first.

Comment

i can't understand why everyone is wishing to be a webmaster as i think that no one can't be perfect to become a webmaster

Comment

Working...
                  X