IDing as a Reseller?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDing as a Reseller?!!?

This came up in another thread so I thought that I would just ask here because I thought the question here: Do you identify yourself as a "Reseller" to your clients and potential clients? Also, lets talk about the pros and cons of this....

Personally, I don't. Most of my sales are face-to-face, and I talk about "my servers", and "my tech support staff"... etc...

No, I dont call myself a reseller, but I do say that I partner with other companies in order to provide the services. I live in a rural area and operating my own servers would be impossible, due to poor internet, I make that clear and that I will always be there to help them with any problems. But being totally honest RSP is not the only provider I use, therefore, I always put myself forward as the first line of support, usually I can solve most problems myself, but I know RSP the technical support is one of the best. I have been let down MANY times in the past by technical support from other companies and them not understanding the technology running their systems/business.

Comment

Like clivejo I prefer the term partnership. It's dependent upon the situation. Talking face to face I do not use the term reseller at all and use the term partnership sparingly usually only if the topic of datacenters and locations comes up. Dealing online for me though is a different story because of the rsp affiliate program. If I cant get someone to purchase directly from me I have no problem broaching the reseller program as if they sign up to purchase hosting cheaper than me I still get 10% of the wholesale. To me that's better than losing the whole deal and the potential of making more money from the new affiliate is always there.(rarely these days unfortunately).

Also like clivejo, I use other reseller services and they do not provide this type of affiliate system. I ONLY use the terms technology partner or business partner with these services as there is no benefit or money to be made revealing yourself as a reseller and almost guaranteed to lose a sale.
      Last edited by doneritehosting; 26-10-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

The only time I would actually reveal Im a "reseller" is if I thought I could sign them up as an affiliate. Sometimes you might come across a student doing web design or a teacher teaching basic webdesign, who you could sign up as an affiliate. As you would then earn 10% of their sales, it makes sense to hold their hand for a while, tell them the tricks of the trade etc.

Comment

Working...
        X