SEO and Web Browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO and Web Browsers

I was over at another forum and they were talking about which web browsers were best for SEO. Excuse my ignorance but how can your web browser possibly effect your SEO? I don't understand. Everyone had an opinion, but they wouldn't talk about why or how?

Please edify me.

The likes of Google Chrome contain code that basically tracks a user, records all the search terms they type and even URLs they visit. Each browser contains a unique ID number and coupled with Googles other 'services' can provide a detailed picture of a users browsing habits, as well as a personal profile which they then use to customise and target ads at you.

Ever visit a site and they are displaying an advert exactly the same as the one you looked up a few hours ago?

If you have Google Analytics on your site, you can tap into this information about your visitors. Using this info you can see where your traffic is coming from, the keyword they are using, landing pages, exiting pages and other useful info. Using this you can improve SEO on your site.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      The likes of Google Chrome contain code that basically tracks a user, records all the search terms they type and even URLs they visit. Each browser contains a unique ID number and coupled with Googles other 'services' can provide a detailed picture of a users browsing habits, as well as a personal profile which they then use to customise and target ads at you.

Ever visit a site and they are displaying an advert exactly the same as the one you looked up a few hours ago?

If you have Google Analytics on your site, you can tap into this information about your visitors. Using this info you can see where your traffic is coming from, the keyword they are using, landing pages, exiting pages and other useful info. Using this you can improve SEO on your site.
      That's cool. I knew about Google Analytics, I've used them, but does it read from browsers other then Chrome? The conversation that they were having was "which browser was best for SEO." Also, what do you say to that question?

Comment

Chrome probably is the best. It supplies a web-page with lots of information about the visitor, both directly and indirectly.

If you have a browser that blocks referral strings, java script, cookies etc then it would be very bad for SEO and the techniques used to by webmasters.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I do have one more question on the issue for verification: It won't help with my site SEO if I use Chrome myself, would it?

The only reason that I asked that question is because I know Alexis only count those with the Alexis tool bar and people manipulate Alexis ratings by visiting their own sites a lot. Then they charge more for ads or sell the domains for more then they are really worth.

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
            Thanks for the info. I do have one more question on the issue for verification: It won't help with my site SEO if I use Chrome myself, would it?

The only reason that I asked that question is because I know Alexis only count those with the Alexis tool bar and people manipulate Alexis ratings by visiting their own sites a lot. Then they charge more for ads or sell the domains for more then they are really worth.
            I dont think it would help you, as you say people manipulate Alexis by installing the plugin and faking results. In my view you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing things like this. Real people and how they interact with your site is more important. For example, suppose you notice that people are landing directly on an article you have written about hosting Wordpress. You then need to find out how to use this to your advantage, as a reseller you could try and sell them a "Wordpress Hosting Package" with WP pre-installed all ready to go!

However, it is very important to test your site with different browsers. Sometimes what looks great in one browser may look horrendous in another! People do like visually appealing sites and tend to spend more time on a pretty, well presented site than one with lots of links and huge amounts of reading but you cant find what ever your interested in!

Comment

Again, thanks.

PS: How did you know that I just started marketing another RP site using free wp templates as the hook? LOL... HostingFreeze.com

Comment

You would be mad not to !! You need to push your web hosting more!

Installed for free @ I A D S Hosting :P Rather than give them away for free

Comment

Master clivejo is right about that one iads and great looking site! At very least require all downloads to sign up for a regular news letter before allowing download.. You can advertise anything you want then..

I have been searching for this one and visited alot of forums off google searching.. A free easy to setup hosting reseller theme for wordpress (have a whmcs template ready to sell )... There are alot of resellers looking for this.. You come up with one... you got a good niche..
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 13-03-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I added the following line to the meta and page: •Free installation and domain name when you host at Hosting Freeze.

This is where I'm at now, still a work in progress: www.HostingFreeze.com.

I'm looking for a way to distinguish it from other similar sites.

Comment

Nice touch with the top bar! You should maybe fix this menu so its always in view. For example

Code:
                      #menu {
                        position: fixed;
                        right: 50%;
                        top: 0;
                      }
                      Also on the sign up page I would remove the side bar and give your sign-up form the full page. it renders a bit strange on my browser.

Comment

Thank you for your great feedback. I meant to move that sidebar but lost track of time and forgot. I won't have time to fix it until tonight, I'm going on a sale call in a few minutes. As for the top menu, I can't see a problem. I looked at it in three different browsers and it looks ok to me. I see it all, including the marque. Do you think that it should be centered more, or right up against the search box. Again, thanks...

PS: Based on this idea I'm also working on a Free Script site to help sell the hosting at: www.ScriptBus.com... I have the site up, but have not plugged the hosting in yet.

Comment

No No, there’s no problem. Just a suggestion really.

What I mean is that I think it would be good idea to fix it in view all the time, you know like the WP admin bar when your logged in? This way its always in your visitors field of view. Maybe a few nice graphics to draw attention

Please dont get me wrong, just making suggestions, not telling you what to do!

Comment

OK I see, you mean not have it scroll away when a person scrolls down the page. That is a great idea. Thanks!!!

Comment

Ok, clivejo I really appreciate your input and help. I tried that little trick and it worked for the actuals text links, but not for the background. I tried it on all of the classes and the ids that were around the area, but could not figure it out. I even tried the applet on more then one at a time, no good. HELP!!

Comment

Working...
                              X