Uptime of VPS via SSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uptime of VPS via SSH

Does anyone know if its possible to get the current uptime of a VPS server via SSH?

Now I don't want you to take it the wrong way mate but after logging as root you should only type "uptime" Should work like on every linux distro as far as I am aware.

Comment

That's what I thought too, but doesn’t seem to work. Maybe I’m not root
      Last edited by clivejo; 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

clivejo,
        have you been able to make this work yet?

Comment

nope But I haven't spent much time on it. I thought the command uptime would do it

Comment

Depends what Linux distro you have on your VPS.

Better to open a support ticket our techs will check what you are running and give you the correct command.

Comment

I've got ubuntu 64bit on mine and "uptime" works as it should from ssh.

Comment

I selected Ubuntu 64bit but it was installed with CentOS. Tech support said that the Hepsia CP only works on CentOS?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                  I selected Ubuntu 64bit but it was installed with CentOS. Tech support said that the Hepsia CP only works on CentOS?
                  Someone made a boo boo, Hespia works fine with ubuntu.
                  Maybe you can have your vps reconfigured with ubuntu and support restore a backup?

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                    Someone made a boo boo, Hespia works fine with ubuntu.
                    Maybe you can have your vps reconfigured with ubuntu and support restore a backup?
                    Are you sure you have actually got Ubuntu? Double check in the VPS CP under the operating system.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I don't login to my vps smartphone... Info you want clive... ubuntu-10.04-x86_64 under operating system in the vps control panel. Catch I cannot create on demand backups myself from the vps control panel like I should be able to. Can you create on demand backups running Centos? If you can I recommend staying with it. Support told me that its because of how hespia is setup with the www.home folder and I was hoping that this would be resolved in the near future. I had a past VPS using the Virtuozzo system with ubuntu 64 and I could create a backup anytime I wanted from the vps control panel... I was told by support that I needed to create backups SSH? I dont know how to do that... sigh...

Comment

I dont know what backup SSH means

I know with the Hepsia File Manager not able to copy files at the moment, I use SSH to copy them. I also use SSH File Transfers to backup sites, mainly just themes and user files, the rest I should be able to fix should anything go wrong. SSH connections are configured from within your Hepsia CP.

I dont know why I was told that then! I originally asked for Ubuntu as I'm more comfortable with it. I opened a ticket querying why and was told Hepsia does not work on Ubuntu :/
                        The hosting control panel Hepsia requires CentOS, this is why your choice of OS has been changed. Ticket #1300473
                        I dont really mind to be honest, I'm very happy with the VPS to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                          I dont know why I was told that then! I originally asked for Ubuntu as I'm more comfortable with it. I opened a ticket querying why and was told Hepsia does not work on Ubuntu :/
                          I thought Hepsia only worked in Debian ?

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                            I thought Hepsia only worked in Debian ?
                            Must work with ubuntu, I'm using it

Comment

Working...
                            X