References for presumptive buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• References for presumptive buyers

I have just started my hosting business and I wonder if you have any suggestion what to answer when my first presumptive clients ask for references from earlier customers (which I don't have)?
    If I was the customer that'd be my first question to ask.
    strindell2
    Last edited by maxa; 12-01-2005, 09:15 PM.

This is a good question !

One way is to search around Internet for various customer testimonials and use them. Of course it would be nice to modify them a little bit.

For instance, a future customer usually needs to know how good is the support, how fast are the answers, what`s the uptime of the servers, and are people happy with the host. So using this you may come up with your reference yourself.
    I can say that the customers of all our resellers are happy with us, they like our services and they are satisfied as well.
    Of course there are people that complain, but remember that you can`t satisfy every need.

Comment

Matter of fact that is a good question!! Vasko, are their gonna be anyway to add customer testimonials to reseller templates in the next version of resellers panel? That would be a handy feature to make use of

Comment

The idea is simply GREAT !
        I will add this to our *wishlist* for future updates of the resellers web-store templates.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest using testimonials from other non-resellerspanel sites. I would say that would be on the other side of the ethical line. I would suggest using some of the testomonials from resellerspanel that talked about the service they provide. That would provide true statements about the support, quality of service and helpfulness that your service (through them) provide.

Happy trails,

MPH

Comment

I would be happy to share my customers testimonies with other resellers if they would do the same for me.
            Perhaps doneritehostings have something to share?

Comment

I agree with mhp (I didn't read his message befor my last posting) that it is an ethical issue. But that I think that depends on the nature of the testimony and how I use it. If the testimony is about the service supplied by Resellers Panel and I find a smooth way to keep the "independance look", I think I can stay on the right side of the line. But I'm very interested in getting more views on this. I might be wrong

Comment

We'll integrate the possibility to add customer testimonials to reseller templates in the next version of resellers panel. The reseller itself will be responsible to attach the testimonials and decide whether the testimonials are genuine or a creation of the brain.

The company policy on the occasion of the testimonials origin is that our resellers must publish authentic testimonials based on the real persuasion of the customers. It’s an ethical issue and it’s my personal opinion likewise.

Comment

I`m absolutely agree that it is not ethical to write testimonials that are not true yourself . Even when we provide you with that feature - to post testimonials - there`s no way for us to control the origin of each testimony. This will depend on the moral standards and ethics of each reseller.
                  My idea was to provide you with a temporary solution, besides resellers that don`t have any customers may use testimonials in order to advertise
                  their web-stores.

Comment

Originally posted by strindell2
                    I would be happy to share my customers testimonies with other resellers if they would do the same for me.
                    Perhaps doneritehostings have something to share?
                    Well... I have one client and 7 affiliates right at this moment, I would need a way to get in touch with clients / resellers to ask for testimonials... I believe that this feature is also on the wish list for the next version of resellers panel. There is however a testimonial page on the resellers panel website and I am sure that a few clieint testimonials could be gotten from them if asked for to get everyone started. I am like everyone else here... I am learning internet marketing the hard way and its not easy I am a retail manager though and I do know that word of mouth goes a very very long way also.
                    Last edited by doneritehosting; 13-01-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X