Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Need advice about cpanel & dedicated hosting - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice about cpanel & dedicated hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice about cpanel & dedicated hosting

Hello everyone

i need some advice about cpanel reseller program & dedicated hosting.
    really sorry about such a newbie question, as i am kind of not sure did i get it rigth

For cpanel reseller program,
    1) we can just buy a cPanel 1, cPanel 2 etc-etc plans and add it to my main reseller account,
    after that i can do a custom resell of the plan to all my client by using WHM?

2) what about domain name? how am i able to sell a domain to my client?
    as my client like to get both cPanel hosting & domain from me.

Do i just go over to cpanel page, buy a domain from there and add it to my reseller account?
    After i have buy a domain and add it to my account, i just need to do a tranfer the domain to my client & setup his cpanel plan from my WHM control?

3) for payment wise, my client can choose to pay my via banktranfer, Cash or what is he best paymentchoise. After that i can make the payment to resellerpanel with my Creditcard/paypal??
    is it allowed?

For dedicated server & hosting
    4) can i also do the same as cPanel hosting?
    which i can buy a dedicated server, then from there i use WHM control to custome a hosting plan for my client. Which later it will become a semi-dedicated server for my client.....

till now, i really not sure can i do this anot?

as this is what i thinking to do, as i also have some client that have this kind of request.

Thanks alot
    hope to hear soem advice soon

Daisuke
    Last edited by Guest; 31-03-2006, 04:32 AM.

so sad after 10days still no reply by anyone
    please i just lose 1 client

for domain name? how am i able to sell a domain to my client?
    as my client like to get both cPanel hosting & domain from me??
    i just get a domain from the cpanel buying of domain panel??

next for client support
    can i know

for resellerhosting like Business & corporate
    who can give the support?
    by rsp?
    vis ticket?
    phone?

for cPanel Support
    who can give support
    also by RSP?
    vis ticket
    phone?

last dedicated/semi-dedicated serevr
    who can give support
    also by RSP?
    vis ticket
    phone?

is there any e-mail support we can use to send to RSP?
    or any emergency access like phone/e-mail/ticket?

for my client
    is there any emergency access support for my client
    happen to be "emergency"......

Thanks
    Daisuke
    Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2006, 04:07 AM.

Comment

You should email these questions to RSP Support department if you want quick answers. This board doesn't get noticed all that much when it comes to support.

RSP doesn't offer your clients support when you are selling them hosting on your dedicated, semi-dedicated or cpanel account. All the support is up to you.

Now if your clients purchase a Cpanel account, Semi-dedicated or Dedicated account from RSP via your affiliate link then RSP will offer them support.

Also when selling domains to your client you will have to come up with a solution yourself. Alot of people use an Enom reseller account to sell domains.

Comment

Originally posted by daisuke
        For cpanel reseller program,
        1) we can just buy a cPanel 1, cPanel 2 etc-etc plans and add it to my main reseller account,
        after that i can do a custom resell of the plan to all my client by using WHM?
        With the cPanel reseller program a reseller buys a cPanel package then can create web hosting packages through the WHM and sell them to end-customers. The resources for each web hosting package that is sold to a customer are subtracted from the resources of the cPanel package purchased by the reseller. The design of the reseller site, customer billing and customer technical support under the cPanel reseller program are entirely up to the reseller.

2) what about domain name? how am i able to sell a domain to my client?
        as my client like to get both cPanel hosting & domain from me.
        Do i just go over to cpanel page, buy a domain from there and add it to my reseller account?
        After i have buy a domain and add it to my account, i just need to do a tranfer the domain to my client & setup his cpanel plan from my WHM control?
        cPanel resellers can order domains for their customers through the cPanel order page. How the reseller will bill the customer for web hosting packages and domains under the cPanel program is entirely up to the reseller.

3) for payment wise, my client can choose to pay my via banktranfer, Cash or what is he best paymentchoise. After that i can make the payment to resellerpanel with my Creditcard/paypal??
        is it allowed?
        The reseller purchases the cPanel package from us through a credit card or PayPal, then creates and sells web hosting packages for his customers from the resources available to the cPanel package. The billing methods offered to web hosting customers and how these billing methods will be implemented is entirely up to the reseller.

For dedicated server & hosting
        4) can i also do the same as cPanel hosting?
        which i can buy a dedicated server, then from there i use WHM control to custome a hosting plan for my client. Which later it will become a semi-dedicated server for my client.....
        till now, i really not sure can i do this anot?
        Resellers can purchase dedicated servers and offer web hosting packages on dedicated servers to end-customers. However, you should be aware of the following:
        1) With a dedicated server, like with a cPanel reseller program, the design of the reseller site, customer billing and customer support will be entirely up to the reseller.
        2) The default offers for dedicated server do not include cPanel/WHM. A cPanel/WHM licence is available for $30USD per month per dedicated server.
        3) The default offers for dedicated servers do not include server management. With a default dedicated server package, server management will be up to the customer\reseller who has purchased the server. Limited managed services are available as an option starting from $25USD per month.

for resellerhosting like Business & corporate
        who can give the support?
        by rsp?
        vis ticket?
        phone?
        We provide customer support for all web hosting packages purchased under the free reseller program through support tickets, e-mail, phone or LiveChat (for pre-sales, sales and general questions only).

for cPanel Support
        who can give support
        also by RSP?
        vis ticket
        phone?
        Under the cPanel reseller program we provide customer support only to the reseller via support tickets, e-mail, phone or LiveChat (for pre-sales, sales and general questions only). Technical support for the web hosting customers under the cPanel program is responsibility of the reseller.

last dedicated/semi-dedicated serevr
        who can give support
        also by RSP?
        vis ticket
        phone?
        We provide technical support for semi-dedicated server customers through support tickets, e-mail, phone or LiveChat (for pre-sales, sales and general questions only).

The default offers for dedicated servers do not include server management. With a default dedicated server package, server management will be up to the customer\reseller who has purchased the server. Limited managed services are available as an option starting from $25USD per month. If a manages services package is ordered together with a dedicated server, technical support will be available to the customer/reseller who has ordered the server, but not to the web hosting customers of the reseller.

is there any e-mail support we can use to send to RSP?
        or any emergency access like phone/e-mail/ticket?

for my client
        is there any emergency access support for my client
        happen to be "emergency"......?
        The support e-mail for resellers under the free reseller program is support[at]resellerspanel.com.

The support e-mail for cPanel resellers and is cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com or use the online form or the ticketing system available in the cPanel billing system.

The support e-mail for web hosting customers under the free reseller program is support[at]proper(remove_braketed_text)support.com, although the use of the ticketing system in the Help Center of the web hosting control panel is greatly encouraged.

Semi-dedicated server customers can use either support[at]resellerspanel.com or support[at]proper(remove_braketed_text)support.com, although the use of the ticketing system in the Help Center of the web hosting control panel is greatly encouraged.

Dedicated server customers can use cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com or use the online form or the ticketing system available in the dedicated server billing system.

Comment

Thank you for the reply
          it is great help,
          i think i know what to do already

now i'm am on the process to get my first few customer
          for a start, i will ask my customer to send me an e-mail if they have any problem with their account.

one question on cpanel hosting :
          for example cPanel 1
          * 5 GB Disk Space
          * 50 GB Traffic
          * Host Unlimited Domains
          * FREE Dedicated IP Address
          * 49 FREE Pre-Installed Scripts
          * +2 GB FREE Space for Your Sites <------

what this +2 GB Free space is about
          is it i will get a total of 7GB?

next, if i upgrade from cPanel 1 to cpanel 2
          will RSP just increase my account diskspace?

Thanks
          Daisuke

Comment

daisuke, the disk space available with your main cPanel reseller account is separate from the disk space that you can resell. You cannot reseller the disk space from your main reseller account, you can only use it for your own website(s). The disk space available with cPanel Plan 1 is 5GB plus 2GB for your main reseller account. The disk space provided with cPanel Plan 2 is 7GB plus 3GB for your main reseller account. Thus, if you upgrade from cPanel Plan 1 to cPanel Plan 2, you will get 2GB of additional disk space for reselling and 1GB of additional disk space for your main reseller account (your own use).

Comment

thanks Milen for the nice reply
              but, can i know
              since i getting this extra "GB" of free space
              what about the traffic tranfer?

let say i getting cPanel 1
              i will get +1Gb free space
              what about the Traffic trafner... how much i be getting?
              unlimited?

thanks

Daisuke

Comment

daisuke, the traffic allocated for the main reseller account on all cPanel reseller plans is 10GB per month.

Comment

thanks Milen for the nice reply
                  this sound great, but what happen in an event when our main reseller account need more storage / traffic?

can we create a packet in our WHM for our main account that sult out need?

Thanks
                  Best regards

Daisuke

Comment

daisuke, the main reseller account on the cPanel program is intended for use separately from the resources available for reselling. However, if you happen to run out of disk space or bandwidth with your main reseller account, you can send an e-mail to cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com with a request to merge your main reseller account with the resources available for reselling. This way you will be able to modify the parameters of your main reseller account within all the spare resources available to your cPanel reseller plan.

Comment

thanks Milen for the reply
                      it seen not bad, i kind of know what to do when i need more space/traffic

but can i make a Suggestions
                      will rsp in the near future come out with an add on packet for us the reseller to buy extra traffic and add it to our Main account, like :
                      add on 1 : +10GB for $1/month
                      add on 2 : +50GB for $2/month
                      add on 3 : +100GB for $3/month

so that, we will not eat in to/use up the space or bandwidth for our cPanel account.
                      and also will rsp also will increase the bandwidth of the cPanel reseller packet as the current traffic bandwith is kind of not enought

Thanks
                      Daisuke

Comment

daisuke, I will pass your suggestion to our managers, but I cannot guarantee that it will be approved and implemented.

I just want to clarify that by giving separate disk space and bandwidth to your main cPanel reseller account our cPanel program is unique as far as I know. All other cPanel reseller programs that I have encountered do not offer such features and the resellers have to use the resources available for reselling for their own sites.

Comment

Thanks you so much for the help & support Milen,
                          as far as i know, this is one of the best program & support i have found
                          with that extra free space & traffic with friendly support staff.
                          it give me an extra reason to support RSP program

Thanks
                          Daisuke

Comment

Working...
                          X