Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla released very important security update

Hello,

The Elefante Joomla installation possibility is a very important sales argument for my hosting business, but since the critical Joomla 1.0.10 security release, I feel that offering Joomla 1.0.8 in the installer is just no sales argument anymore.

I understand that we cannot expect the installer to be up to date with the latest scripts always, but this time I think it is imperative that an update is done a.s.a.p.

Quote from Joomla.org:

All existing Joomla! users MUST UPGRADE to this version, due to several High Level vulnerabilities that affect ALL Previous versions of Joomla!

1.0.10 contains the following important security fixes:

* 03 High Level Security Fixes
    * 01 Medium Level Security Fixes
    * 05 Low Level security
    * 40+ General bug fixes

If you are using ANY previous version of Joomla!, you need to upgrade to 1.0.10

Firstly - it's good to understand what kind of risk it causes for your website. Please read the Joomla forum. In many cases - no risk at all.

Secondly - almost every software, which is included in Elephante is outdated

And... please feel free to upgrade Joomla from 1.0.8 to 1.0.10. Easy. Takes about 10min. Just overwrite your Joomla files and feel safe.

...or, offer your customers free or paid upgrade.

Comment

maxa, I will send a message to the developer in charge of the Elefante installer, regarding the Joomla update. In the meanwhile, until the script is updated, following Arthur's advice would not be a bad idea.

Comment

I just upgraded mine and it was not hard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by midwestkel
          I just upgraded mine and it was not hard at all.
          Thanks all. I do know how to update Joomla. I work with Joomla design all the time . I just wanted to inform the developers at RSP about the new version, and I'm glad they are informed now.

Comment

Working...
          X