No announcement yet.

Some questions (API, refund and domain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions (API, refund and domain)

Here is a given scenario:
    I plan on using the API
    I have my own billing system
    Free domain is offered
    Sample package price is $90/yr

The situation(s):

Before the 30-day is over, the client decides to cancel and request a refund.
    How am I, as a reseller, supposed to get the refund on my RSP wallet?
    How much should be refunded to my customer?
    What if the client wants control of his domain and does not want to transfer it to another registrar (he likes eNom)?
    How about if he wants control over his domain and it be transferred to another registrar? Any fee required?

What if the client decides to cancel AFTER the 30-day?

What happens if the user goes beyond his allocated bandwidth?
    Why can't we offer "unlimited" options and be able to compete better?

Originally posted by sensei
    Before the 30-day is over, the client decides to cancel and request a refund.
    How am I, as a reseller, supposed to get the refund on my RSP wallet?
    Since you have paid the wholesale price of the account, you can request through a ticket or e-mail that the wholesale price of the account is refunded to your reseller wallet. Please, have in mind that any payments made through the reseller wallet can be refunded only to the reseller wallet. You should also have in mind that any domain registrations are final and non-refundable. In case that a domain name has been registered with the account, $9.95 USD for the domain registration will be retained from the wholesale price paid for the account and the rest of the amount will be refunded to your reseller wallet.
    How much should be refunded to my customer?
    You are billing the end customer directly for all sales made through the reseller API and you are responsible for refunding all fees collected for the web hosting package to the end customer (minus the fees for domain registration, in case that a domain was ordered with the web hosting package).
    What if the client wants control of his domain and does not want to transfer it to another registrar (he likes eNom)?
    The client can create a free account with eNom and the domain name can be pushed into this account upon request. This way the client will have complete control over the domain name settings. However, please have in mind that fees charged by eNom for renewing such domains are substantially higher.
    How about if he wants control over his domain and it be transferred to another registrar? Any fee required?
    Domain names cannot be transferred until 60 days from their registration date have expired. Once 60 days from the registration date of a domain have expired the domain can be transferred to a registrar of your client’s choice. The accepting registrar collects all fees for domain transfer, i.e. we do not collect any fees for domains that are transferred away from us. Please, have in mind that all domains are locked on registration, so the client should contact us for unlocking the domain, prior to the transfer. No fee is required for unlocking of the domain.
    What if the client decides to cancel AFTER the 30-day?
    No refunds can be issued for services cancelled after the 30-day money-back period has expired.
    What happens if the user goes beyond his allocated bandwidth?
    If an account exceeds its allocated bandwidth it will be suspended until the start of the next month. A warning e-mail is sent to the client and/or the reseller (depending on the settings you have made in your reseller control panel) when the account is suspended for reaching the bandwidth usage limit. E-mail warnings for nearing the account usage limit are issued before the limit is reached as well. Additional bandwidth can be purchased as an account upgrade.
    Why can't we offer "unlimited" options and be able to compete better?
    Bandwidth is a resource and like any resource it has its price. “Unlimited” bandwidth is typically a marketing trick; it does not give a competitive edge at all. On the contrary “unlimited” bandwidth is a high suspicion factor for the serious web hosting customer. I personally would never order a web hosting account from a company that claims to offer “unlimited” bandwidth at present.

By the way all of the questions that you have asked have already been answered on the forum before (some of them more than just once). Please, use the forum search tool before you post a question. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X