Can It Really Be This Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can It Really Be This Good?

Hi, well I thought I'll firstly introduce myself. I'm Alistair Wooldrige, a web developer from sunny old England. (you're thinking "he's a bit egocentric isn't he?" and yes I probably am ). Anyway I've been looking and searching around these forums for the best part of an entire evening and this program seems too good to be true!?

I've been searching around for ages to try and find something like this. I'm currently paying for a cPanel reseller with another company and I'm paying a fixed yearly fee for that. To be honest, the value isn't that good for the resources I'm getting, so that's why I've spent the past few days hammering Google's servers to try and find a better reseller scheme. There's loads of them about aren't there!? Most of them seem to be "buy the resources first, then resell them". However this is one of the most unique ones I've found, where you can actually resell the things you need, and make custom plans !

Anyway, enough of that, instead of bombarding your live support system, I was wondering if the community could perhaps answer the little questions I have floating around in my head?

1) Whats all this going on about email? Am I right in thinking that if the domain is with the hosting package (corporate for example) that the email hosting will be part of the package? Or does that have to be bought separately?

2) Do you need a domain to have nameservers? I ask this, because I wish to continue the hosting I currently have with my provider, I would like to keep my sites hosted on that server, and they are all running off my main domain's nameservers. Would I be able to just use your nameservers (whatever they are)? Instead of purchasing another domain and paying $20 to get private nameservers?

3) Are there any uptime reviews? In fact any reviews at all? I couldn't seem to find any on Google (but then I didn't really look very hard, its late and I'm tired).

4) Is there anyone here that is happy with the support systems? I ask because all of the forum posts seem to suggest that support is a problem here.

5) Can I resell domains? As in, offer my clients domains as part of their hosting package?

6) Are there any ways I can integrate the ordering system into my site? I have not yet looked into your API, but could I use this to offer a form of something on my site where a client could enter their information, it would them pass the information to your server (via a PHP code or something) and automatically make their account?

I thank you in advance for the amount of time you spend reading this entire post, and any replies. If I have asked some stupid and obvious questions, I'm truly sorry, and I give you permission to slap me with a large fish of some variety .

As its ermm, just gone 1am here in England, I'm off to bed now, so I won't reply to any reply straight away, sorry .

Regards
    Woolie

Originally posted by Woolie

1) Whats all this going on about email? Am I right in thinking that if the domain is with the hosting package (corporate for example) that the email hosting will be part of the package? Or does that have to be bought separately?

Comes with it. Nothing to worry about.

2) Do you need a domain to have nameservers? I ask this, because I wish to continue the hosting I currently have with my provider, I would like to keep my sites hosted on that server, and they are all running off my main domain's nameservers. Would I be able to just use your nameservers (whatever they are)? Instead of purchasing another domain and paying $20 to get private nameservers?

I don't think so. Just pay and create something like ns1.myperfectdomain.com

3) Are there any uptime reviews? In fact any reviews at all? I couldn't seem to find any on Google (but then I didn't really look very hard, its late and I'm tired).

Nothing is perfect. S**t happens But the overall is ok.

4) Is there anyone here that is happy with the support systems? I ask because all of the forum posts seem to suggest that support is a problem here.

Yes, there's some problems with it. Language problem...

5) Can I resell domains? As in, offer my clients domains as part of their hosting package?

Yes, you can.

6) Are there any ways I can integrate the ordering system into my site? I have not yet looked into your API, but could I use this to offer a form of something on my site where a client could enter their information, it would them pass the information to your server (via a PHP code or something) and automatically make their account?

Apparently, API does work. But there's something about it. As always, good and bad. Read about it in API section.

I thank you in advance for the amount of time you spend reading this entire post, and any replies. If I have asked some stupid and obvious questions, I'm truly sorry, and I give you permission to slap me with a large fish of some variety .

Is a small sardine ok? Pervert?

As its ermm, just gone 1am here in England, I'm off to bed now, so I won't reply to any reply straight away, sorry .

In London is 02.13 but who cares

Regards
    Woolie
    Regards
    Arthur

Comment

for question (2) you would still have to do it you need a dedicated
      IP and then the shared IP or get 2 dedicated IP's then make your
      own name server with the provider your with.

Comment

Hey, thanks Arthur! That was one of the most honest posts I've ever seen. Very informative. It seems as if I've spent years looking for something like this. Thanks again.

Comment

Woolie, I see that Arthur has already answered to your questions, but let me reiterate and expand some of the answers a bit more:

1) Email hosting is included in all of the web hosting packages.

2) No, you are not required to have private nameservers. However, let me clarify a few things with regard to this. If you plan to use your domain with one of the predefined reseller templates, all you need to do is change your nameservers to our default reseller nameservers listed under the Use Existing tab in the Domain Manager section of the reseller control panel. However, in this case you would not be able to host your reseller site with your current hosting provider or customize the pre-defined reseller template that you choose.
          Alternatively, you can use the reseller API or the HTML code from the Direct Order Form, Domain Search Form, Custom Login Form or the Remote Templates sections of the reseller control panel to integrate our web hosting offers into your current site.
          Last but not least, you can order the Managed DNS service from the reseller control panel and get your private name servers, which you can use for your domain, even if you host your site with another provider. You should be aware that in order to use the Managed DNS service you should transfer your domain to us. If you order the Managed DNS service, it will be activated only upon successful completion of your domain to us. We can accept for transfer only domains with the following domain name extensions: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz and .us.

3) Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any uptime reviews. We guarantee 99.9% of server uptime, except in the cases that are explicitly covered in our Terms and Conditions of service.

5) Generally, we provide domain registration only with reseller or web hosting accounts or as an upgrade to existing web hosting accounts. We do not offer domain reselling as a separate service, but you can order an unlimited number of domains through the reseller control panel at $8.00USD per domain per year. These domains are generally intended for your own use, but could resell them to clients as well.

6) Check answer #2.

Comment

Hello Woolie another Brit calling

Hi Woolie, I'm just over the border from you in Suffolk, just to let you know that I've had webhosting with these guys for several years and never had a problem with the service as a webowner or a reseller. I'm still working on the actual selling bit, but learning the ropes of the system as presented by resellerspanel was smooth as silk!

Comment

Working...
            X