Questions about upgrade/renewal prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about upgrade/renewal prices

If I upgrade a client to another plan, does his account expiration change or it stays the same? I am thinking not but want to be sure.

I know that I cannot "downgrade" a client's plan, but what if a client wants to? Rather than losing his business, what options do I have?

Are the wholesale prices by RSP guaranteed not to change? If not, is there a predetermined schedule for a price increase?

The reason I asked is I don't want to lose my client just because I need to increase his renewal price.

Thanks.

His expiration date should remain as it is no matter what.This has nothing to do with his plan etc.

I know that I cannot "downgrade" a client's plan, but what if a client wants to? Rather than losing his business, what options do I have?
    This is where good "business technique" kicks in, you can "downgrade" by building a plan similar to what the customer has but containing what you want him to have. You then change him to new plan and inform him the plan he is on is being discontinued.you must make them an "Offer" they cant refuse.

BREZTECH.
    Last edited by Milen; 17-07-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

You Can downgrade a clients plan by opening a new ticket.

Comment

Thanks for your replies...

But I am hoping Milen would chime in..

Comment

Originally posted by unimaster
          If I upgrade a client to another plan, does his account expiration change or it stays the same? I am thinking not but want to be sure.
          No, the account expiration dates do not change as a result of a plan upgrade. The price for the upgrade of a plan is calculated based on the monthly retail price of the new plan minus the monthly retail price of the old plan multiplied by the number of months remaining until the plan expiration date. This way, clients are charged the price of the new plan only for the time they will use it.

Web hosting plans can be downgraded on client’s request (or reseller’s request, in case that the plan has been paid by the reseller). However, in case that the moneyback period for the account in question has expired, no refund can be issued for the plan downgrade. Thus, if a plan downgrade is really necessary for the client, it is advisable to request it either within the moneyback guarantee period or prior to renewing the plan, in case that the client wants to keep the hosting, but has determined that a smaller plan would be sufficient for his\her needs.

Are the wholesale prices by RSP guaranteed not to change? If not, is there a predetermined schedule for a price increase?
          There is no such guarantee and no such guarantee could be provided. Otherwise, it would be like going to the gas station and asking them for a guarantee for no changes in the oil prices based on the fact that you have been a loyal customer to this gas station for a long time. It is obvious that that they cannot give you such guarantees since the international oil prices are beyond their control. However, in the more than three years since the launch of our free reseller panel program, the wholesale prices of the plans have never been increased, but the plan features have been increased by some 30-40 times the initial plan features at the launch of the program.

Comment

Milen (and also to the other who post their response), as always, I thank you very much for your usual eloquent response.

I hope you don't get tired in replying to this forum, you've always been a good resource in this RSP community.

Comment

unimaster, you are always welcome!

Comment

Additional question...

Hi. I have an additional question.

If a customer wants to upgrade to a higher plan (having more number of DBs or disk space or bandwidth) and the customer's current plan includes a feature that is not in that higher plan (e.g. dedicated IP address or ssh access), will this feature be included ( or will remain) once he upgrades to that higher plan?

Comment

If a customer wants to upgrade to a higher plan (having more number of DBs or disk space or bandwidth) and the customer's current plan includes a feature that is not in that higher plan (e.g. dedicated IP address or ssh access), will this feature be included ( or will remain) once he upgrades to that higher plan?
                  unimaster, unfortunately, if clients upgrades to a higher plan that does not include some of the features of the lower plan that they are currently using, those features will not be preserved. This is why I advise you to be careful when choosing the features of a custom-built plan and to advise your clients according to their needs (this is, of course, if you keep a direct contact with your clients).

Comment

Working...
                  X