Remaining Domain Name Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining Domain Name Registration

I have a client looking to move his domain name to my reseller's account with the purchase of a new hosting package. When he originally bought the domain name from another host, he registered and paid for it many years in advance (maybe 5yrs?).

If he moves the domain name, will he have the domain name for the remaining 5 yrs without having to pay? Or will he have to pay every year at the rate I resell the domain for?

iNSIDEdesign, transferring a domain name to a new registrar typically adds one year to the domain name expiration period. So, if your client domain is valid for 5 years and he transfers it to us together with the order for a web hosting account the domain expiration period will be extended to 6 years. The transfer could either be free for the client or charged at the price for registering a new domain name, depending on whether you have included a free domain name registration/transfer in the price of the web hosting plan in question or not. I hope this clears things up. If anything is still unclear, you are welcome to ask.

Comment

Working...
    X